Chapter 26✔️

A/N: the picture above is the new house located in Napoli, Naples, Italy. Happy reading!

Skylar's POV

After deciding where we were relocating we waited for the doctor to give us all the ok to leave. Jax has hired one of the best doctors in Napoli to look after Miles. He flew over at the last minute to be on the jet with us to keep an eye on Miles and his vitals.

In the last couple of hours, I finally figured out why Aries and Miles are so close. They are in an on-and-off relationship. I was shocked to find out that Aries was gay and that he and Miles had been together for a couple of months.

I made a mental note to question Miles when he wakes up. We had all collectively decided to just leave everything behind and start new. We only grabbed things that held a special place in our hearts.

Walking through what was left of our house, made me feel weird. It felt like it had been abandoned and we had stumbled upon it. Jax was already doing better but he needed someone to help him walk so that he didn't strain himself.

Jace was more than willing to help him get to and from places. We all found it weird how he volunteered to help Jax. Anyone who knows them knows that they have a love-hate relationship despite them being twins.

Aries hasn't left Miles's side at all. I can tell that this is taking a toll on him. We all desperately want the bubbly Miles back.

Right now we are making sure that everyone is ready to board the jet. Jax and Aries both agreed on leaving before sunrise that way we would go unnoticed.

Amir and I have been catching up. He told me what our dad was like. Amir turned out to be a big help for us. We didn't know what time to leave but he reassured us that if anyone from the Russian Mafia was still alive that they wouldn't be on patrol until 8 am.

That brings us to the current situation. It is three in the morning and we are at the private terminal getting ready to board the jet.

We all watched as the nurses wheeled the gurney into the plane first. The atmosphere was very tense and silent.

Normal Miles would be the one to break the silence but that isn't the case for today. Aries followed solemnly behind. We all started walking but Jax stopped causing Jace and me to stop as well.

"What is it, babe?"

He looked over at me before turning back.

"This doesn't feel right. It's too quiet. For once I will say this. I miss Miles random rambling."

We all agreed and kept walking to the jet. Once we were all comfortable we took off. I felt Jax grip my hand before calling my name. I turned and looked at him with my eyebrow raised.

"Yes?"

"Are you ok? Do you feel fine?"

"Yes, baby I'm fine. I feel perfect. I'm kind of hungry but that's it."

Jax nodded before calling the attendant over and asking her to bring food.

"I'm not that hungry."

"Well, you still need to eat. Plus you aren't just eating for yourself."

I knew I couldn't win this argument with him so I let it go. I looked around and saw that everyone was in their own little world. The flight would take about an hour and the drive to the house would take fifteen minutes.