Chapter 8✔️

Third-person POV

The main house was a mess. Everyone was scrambling to pack and prepare for a move.

Everyone was on edge after the attack happened.

None of them knew how close the perpetrators were.

Miles was scrambling around his room throwing things into his bag left and right. Doing the same for his don.

Kinsley was happily packing. She was excited to be going to Italy. Unaware of the dangers that would soon occur.

Skylar. She was calm on the outside but shaking on the inside. She didn't know what would happen, but whatever it was had already made her view of Italy very dark and scary.

Jax was pacing the area of his office. Thinking hard about how he would get the upper hand. He was also gathering all of his financial work and important files. He was so stressed out that he couldn't properly eat.

Skylar's POV

I would have thought that I would be excited to go out of the country for the first time. I never imagined that I would be fleeing the country for my safety.

I was petrified but I didn't want them to think that I was.

I wanted my mom with me because I knew she would calm me down. Unfortunately, she isn't here so I have to go to the next best person.

Miles. He had a motherly vibe to him and I loved it. I grabbed my bags and went to Kinsley's room. Thankfully, they were both in there.

I could tell that she was excited to go to a new country. She almost made me forget about what could potentially happen.

"Sky are you excited. We are going to Italy! I've always wanted to go and find myself an Italian lover."

She sighed dreamily and I snorted.

"You do know that we are going there so that we don't end up dead right?"

Miles looked over at me and frowned.

"Baby don't think of it like that. We could use this trip as a...trip. We could use it to escape from reality."

I nodded my head and sat down in the chair.

They started talking about what all we could do once we got there.

I didn't want to get too comfortable so I avoided the topic completely.

There was a knock on the door and a man peeped his head through.

"Time to go."

Once he said that we all stood up and made our way downstairs. I could feel my legs shake with each step. Once we made it outside miles led us to the first car and opened the door.

I got in first and saw that Jax was already in there.

I sat down and pulled my phone out. The atmosphere around us was very tense and I could tell that he was stressed out about the whole ordeal.

Kinsley slid in beside me and miles followed. I looked behind us and saw seven other cars.

My phone suddenly started ringing and the caller id was my mom.

I smiled and picked it up.

"Hey, momma."

No reply.

"Mom"

I put my phone on speaker to see if I could hear her better.

"Skylar. Someone is following me. He has been doing this for ten minutes. Please help me."

Before I could say anything Jax spoke up.

"Tell me where you are and I'll have someone to get you."

She told him the street name and he called someone and told them to go get her.

"Please don't hurt me. I didn't do anything I swear. Who are you?"

I listened in silence. I was on the verge of tears. My face was on fire.

Before I could ask her if she was ok her line went dead.

I gripped my phone thinking the worse. My mom had either been killed or taken.

I could no longer hold the tears back as a sob ripped through my chest.

I felt Jax grab me and put me in his lap. I could hear him saying something but I couldn't make out what it was. I felt Kinsley and miles get closer.

The last thing I remember is Jax telling me that his worker had found her.

Jax's POV

I couldn't believe that they were coming after Sky and her mom. This was a fight between me and them. I didn't want them going after her.

I gripped her tighter in my arms.

I felt bad bu tone was no the time to let my emotions take over. The car slowly started to head to the airport after what felt like forever.

I looked back down at Sky and saw that she was gripping my shirt. I smiled to myself before leaning back.

I could feel Kinsley and Miles staring at me. After about an hour we pulled up to the private airport.

I let the others get out first before tightening my grip on Sky and getting up.

Once I got out I made eye contact with Jade.

She ran over and hugged me before looking at her sleeping daughter in my arms.

She lightly touched her face and looked back at me.

"I'm gonna need you to explain what the fuck is going on."

I nodded my head and mouthed 'later'.

We both started heading towards the jet and walked in. I walked straight to the back room. I carefully placed her on the bed and made sure she was ok. Once i was sure i went and grabbed my bag.

When I got back into the room I pulled out my laptop and sat down beside her. I leaned down and kissed her head and sat back up. I decided to start working on some documents.

My business was flourishing and thriving. This job was used as a cover-up for what I do, but it was also really good for me as well.

I looked over and saw that she had scooted closer to me. I realized that I was in love with my friend.

Normally this would have scared me, but now I'm happy that I feel this way.

I just hope that she feels the same.