Chapter 22✔️

Two weeks later

Skylar's POV

It has been two weeks since the city of Milan has been on lockdown. Two weeks since Jax's grandparents got attacked. We still have no idea who attacked and no idea where his grandma is.

His aunt and his dad had been grieving. Along with Mia and Jace. For two weeks I have been stuck to Jax like glue. I've been noticing that he was now angered easily.

They have been so close to knowing who killed his grandfather but every time they thought they had something it would take them to a dead end.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and sat up on the bed. We had to get up soon to get back to work. I turned around and saw Jax staring at me with a frown on his face.

"What's wrong baby?"

"I'm tired. This is all so annoying. All I want to do is catch this bitch and live life."

I frowned at his words.

I think it was hard for him to register everything that had happened. He also shut all of his emotions down except for anger.

I want the Jax that I know back. We have all been walking on eggshells around him. Petrified to set him off.

"What are you thinking about?"

"About how nothing is the same anymore. It's draining."

He snorted before lowly saying, "tell me about it."

He walked to the bathroom and got in the shower. I sighed and laid on my back while thinking. I hope that they get somewhere today. I got up and walked into the closet and grabbed some clothes before hopping in the tub.

Thirty minutes later

After getting out and getting dressed I walked up to Jax and we headed down the stairs.

Aries ran up to us, telling us that he found something. We followed him to the office to discuss what it was. I sat down on the couch before pulling my phone out and playing games.

Jax's POV

Once we got to the office I sat down behind the desk and looked up at Aries.

"So Ricardo found out about the death of his only son, however, he can not get into the city. We reached out to the neighboring towns and asked if they knew the name, Ricardo."

"Ok continue."

"One of them said that he was staying in a brick house only twenty miles outside of city limits. We can get him today with the help of the military."

I sighed and pulled out my phone before making a couple of calls. This had gotten so serious that the military was currently trying to help as well.

Mia, Kinsley, Miles, and Levi all walked in and sat around Sky. I sat my phone down on the table and rubbed my forehead. This was so stressful.

"Any word about the bastard that murdered my Nonno?"

"No, not at all. We tried to find the vehicle that was used to pick them up but we couldn't see past the old factory street."

"So the car stopped at old factory street. No one that we know goes on that street."

My phone suddenly started vibrating. I looked down and saw an unknown number.

I picked it up and answered it before putting it on the table.

"Carter."

" Trois jours et ta précieuse femme sera morte." (Three days and that precious woman of yours will be dead.)

I tensed up before relaxing.

"qui êtes vous?" (who are you?)

The person laughed and stated, "Je suis ton pire ennemi." (I'm your worst enemy.)

The line went dead.

I sighed and started mumbling curse words under my breath.

"Who do I know that speaks French that well?"

Aries straightened up before thinking out loud.

"We don't work with anyone that speaks French. I think that whoever that was is trying to take away your main focus right now."

Nessa suddenly walks in and looks at me before mumbling something.

"Nessa speak up I can't hear you."

"I know. I know who took grandma."

"Who?"

"One of my old friends. I used to be friends with him back before all of this happened. Some how, he knows who Rosain is and said that he does some work for her in his free time. I drunk texted him last night and asked what he was doing. He said that he had just dropped off something at the old factory street. I was drunk when the party first started."

She pulled out her phone and handed it over to me. These messages were sent before we found out about them.

"What is his name?"

"Awstern."

"Does this Awstern speak multiple languages?"

"Yes, he speaks English, Russian, French, and some Italian."

This guy appeared to be the person we were looking for.

"Call him."

Nessa nodded before dialing his number and putting it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hi. I was just calling to check up on you since we haven't talked in two weeks."

"Oh, I'm fine."

"Yea I was thinking that maybe we could meet up somewhere today?"

"No, I'm too busy. Maybe some other time."

The phone hung up. Aries plopped down next to me.

"I got his location. He is at the Factory."

I hummed before dialing my dad's number.

"Old factory street. We will go tonight."

"Got it."

I leaned back in the chair and covered my face with my hands out of irritation.

Every time we tried to get a lead on them we would end up at a standstill. I hope that this time we actually get some shit done.

A/N good morning guys.

The next chapter will be uploaded in about an hour or so.

Hope you guys enjoyed this filler chapter and as always, make sure to

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

ENJOY!!