Chaper 6✔️

Skylar's POV

I know that I had just complicated things further. He was gone. He didn't even look my way when he walked out of the door. I stood in the same place that I had been when we were talking.

I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I was alarmed but I knew I couldn't do anything so I stood there.

"Are you ok honey? You've been standing here for about five minutes."

I looked up and shook my head no. I didn't expect the person to be a man. He was very attractive. He smiled down at me before bending down and picking me up.

"I got you. I'm gonna take you to your room and we are gonna talk about what is troubling you. My name is Miles by the way."

I smiled at him and told him my name as he carried me to my room. The room was very basic but pretty. Miles slowly put me down and made his self comfortable on the floor.

He looked up at me like a little child.

I sat down beside him and told him everything that was on my mind. After I was done I looked over at him and smiled sadly.

"Damn girl you got a lot on your plate, but I think I can understand your frustration and sadness."

I liked this guy a lot. He felt kind of motherly. The sound of his voice and his firm hugs reminded me of my mom.

I hadn't seen her since I moved. I made sure that she was out of that hell hole before I left.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna go get your stuff, but in the meantime make yourself comfortable."

I walked over to the bed and pulled the drawers open on the side table. There were a couple of keys that looked like they go to my doors.

I felt around in my back pocket for my phone. Once I located it I dialed my mom's number. She hadn't heard from me in about a month so I knew she was worried.

It rang once and I heard her soothing voice.

"I was wondering when you were gonna call me. I miss you baby."

"Hey momma sorry that I haven't called you. I've been so busy with everything and I guess it slipped my mind to call you."

"It's fine baby I know how hectic life is right now. How are you?"

"I'm ok. I've been trying to take life a day at a time. A lot has happened since I last called you."

"What's going on?"

"I ran into Jax at the club."

I couldn't tell her that I got shot in the leg because she would demand that I let her come and take care of me.

"Oh wow. I'm sorry baby. I know how bad his leaving had hurt you. What's going on between you two now?"

"Nothing. I confronted him about how we left things. I don't think that I fixed it. I think that I made it worse. He left the house and hasn't been back. He left almost an hour ago."

"Well, baby sometimes it's hard to explain things to men. Some of them tend to run away from the issues at hand while some just get angry. Give him time. He'll come around."

After being on the phone for twenty minutes I hung up and looked around. Miles hadn't come back with my stuff which was making me worry.

I got up and went downstairs to see what was taking him so long. I didn't see anyone at all. I did see my stuff, so I started taking it upstairs and into my room.

I had no idea where Miles had gone to but I was going to find out. After taking my stuff to my room I decided to be nosy. I wanted to see just how large the inside of this house was.

First I wanted to see where Kinsley was so that we could be nosy together. To my surprise, she was in the room right next to mine. She looked up from her phone and smiled once she realized that it was me.

"Hey, do you wanna go be nosy??"

"Ummm yes, bitch. You know that I'm down for snooping."

She hopped out of bed and ran towards me. She grabbed my hand and we began our adventure. We were joking around while walking in the backyard.

We had forgotten where we were and who we were with. It just felt like it was just us taking a girl's trip.

Our "girls trip" was interrupted with gunshots.

"Awwww hell not this again. Skylar, you better not get shot again."

I pulled her hand and ran towards the door. We had to get back in before we both got killed.

Once we made it in all eyes were on us. There were so many men in this room.

"Uhh so someone is shooting in case yall didn't know."

I could always count on Kinsley for being captain obvious.

Miles stepped through everyone and came up to use.

"Hey, girlies so I'm gonna take y'all to the safe room. Follow me."

We didn't question him as we followed behind like lost puppies. As we were walking I saw Jax. He was in nothing but black basketball shorts.

He was a lot more muscular, but that wasn't what caught my attention. It was the number of tattoos that littered his body.

We made eye contact until I walked into the room. We walked down some steep steps and stopped at a metal door.

"So this is the safe room. It's safe if you couldn't tell by the name. No intruders can get in and also you won't hear what's going on. Let's go."

We watched as he put a code in and opened the door. The inside looked very welcoming and cozy. All three of us walked over to the couch and plopped down.

"Uhhhhh who are you?"

"Oh me? My name is Miles and I will be the person to keep you guys company. I'm assuming your Kinsley?"

"Uhh yeah."

The rest of their conversation left my mind. I was thinking about Jax.

When did he get all of those tattoos?

He always told me that he would never let ink touch his skin.

"Hey miles I hate to interrupt y'all but when did Jax get all of those tattoos?"

"I have no idea. I've only known him for a year and those tattoos were already there."

I nodded my head and pulled my phone out. I made a mental note to ask him about it later.

"So Skylar when were you gonna tell me that he was that buff?"

I looked over at her before sighing.

"The last time I saw him he wasn't that buff. I'm shocked just as much as you are."

We were interrupted when the door began shaking. Someone was banging and pulling it.

Miles stood up. He pulled his gun out and pointed it at the door.

"Get behind me."

We didn't question him at all and did as he said. His phone started ringing and he pulled it out.

"Yes? Oh, it's you? Ok. You almost gave me a heart attack."

He hung up the phone and walked towards the door before opening it. Jax walked in with a gun in his left hand.

"We have to go. They are closing in on the house. Someone leaked our location."

There was a long break. We were trying to register what was going on.

"Go pack a small bag. We're going to Italy."