Chapter 20✔️

Jax's POV

After sitting and chatting for a bit we got up and started walking to the movie room.

I wanted to know why Miles had such an obsession with me. After making a mental note to ask Aries I looked down at Sky and smiled. She is my world and she doesn't even notice it.

Before we walked into the movie room I leaned down and kissed her and lead her to the back of the room.

Once we all made ourselves comfortable the movie started.

I started thinking about the conversation between my mom and me after Sky went with Mia.

Mom knew that I was concerned about if Sky was pregnant with my child.

She came up to me and told me that everything would be fine and that if she was pregnant that I would be a good dad.

I wasn't worried about being a good dad. I'm worried about their safety.

I was brought out of my trance by Sky.

"What's on your mind?"

"Nothing. Just thinking."

She hummed and looked back at the screen.

30 minutes later

We were all so engrossed in the movie. Skylar had a tight grip on my shirt. I knew she didn't like scary movies at all so I didn't complain.

Suddenly I felt as if something was off. I looked around and made eye contact with Jace. He felt it too.

I slowly sat up and pulled my gun from the back of my pants. Skylar looked up at me confused. I shook my head and got up.

"Stay right here. Don't move. I'll be back."

She quickly nodded and sat back. Jace, Aries, and I walked out of the room with our guns drawn.

My dad came around the corner and held his hand up.

"Woah hey I was just coming to talk to you guys about something from the meeting yesterday."

I put my gun down and signaled for him to continue.

"It seems like Ricardo is on the run. We tried to track him but he is nowhere to be seen."

"Ok."

"Son, why do you want to know the location of my brother so badly?"

I sighed. I wasn't going to tell him the whole reason behind it.

"I just have my suspicions about him. He was not in the house at the time of the attack. He seemed to come in right after the gunshots stopped. You and I both know that his timing is horrible, so for him to come in right on time just seems weird to me."

My dad hummed and agreed.

Aries cleared his throat and stood up straighter.

"We found something while looking for his location yesterday. Jax, based on your calculation of the gunshots, whoever the gunmen were, had no intention of killing someone. We think that they wanted to send a message to you personally. We found this engraved on the side of the house just days after the attack."

Aries pulled out a picture and handed it over to me. I frowned at the picture and looked at my dad.

"This is an old symbol that granddad came up with for the Italian mafia. This hasn't been used since I gained power. It's also combined with something else that I can't make out."

Dad grabbed the picture and looked down at it while scratching his head.

"It looks like it could be Russian. I'll run some background on this and get back to you."

I was stressed out beyond belief. I was so close to getting Ricardo. I could feel it.

I turned and walked back into the movie room and walked over to Skylar. She looked up at me and frowned.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing just found out some information from the meeting yesterday."

I didn't want to tell her the truth just yet. I yawned and laid my head down on her lap.

Skylar's POV

I knew I wasn't going to get an answer out of him so I just left it alone. I could tell that he was stressed out about something.

I started playing in his hair while watching this movie. I felt him get heavy so I looked down and saw that he had fallen asleep.

Smiling to myself, I leaned down and kissed his cheek. I laid back down and looked up at the screen. Realizing that the movie had gone off I sat up and looked around to see if anyone else noticed.

I made eye contact with Kinsley and Jace and smiled at them. Jace smiled back and got up to turn the lights on. Jax groaned at the sudden intrusion and sat up.

He looked around and sighed. He looked at me and laid his head on my shoulder. I could tell he was going back to sleep.

I looked at the time and noticed that there were only two more hours left until Jax and Jace's birthday.

I softly shook Jax awake and told him to come with me to bed. He groaned but listened to what I said. Once we made it to the room we got ready for bed.

Tomorrow was gonna be a long day. I wanted to surprise him for his birthday.

I smiled to myself and got comfortable. I closed my eyes and let the darkness consume me.

A/N this chapter is kind of short so I do apologize for that but I hope you guys enjoyed it.

As always make sure to

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

ENJOY!!!!

SEE YOU ON WEDNESDAY!!!