Chapter 21: Part One✔️

Skylar's POV

I made it my mission to wake up before Jax today. It was his birthday and I wanted to surprise him with breakfast in bed.

I slowly got up and made sure that he was still asleep before walking out of the room and going to the kitchen.

Once I got down there I started prepping the kitchen.

This had been something that I had always done for him back when we were in school.

His favorite was Belgium waffles, bacon, eggs, and a fruit salad. I hadn't done this in a while so I was a little rusty.

After about thirty minutes of cooking, I was finally done. I gathered everything up and started heading back to the room.

Once I walked into the room I sat the food down on the bedside table and slowly walked over to Jax, who was still sleeping.

I slowly laid on top of him and kissed his cheek.

"Wake up birthday boy."

He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me and sat up. I got off of his lap and sat next to him. He looked right at the food on the table and turned back to me with a big smile on his face.

"Thank you baby."

"You're welcome."

We both started eating soon after. I had to admit that I was a hell of a good cook. I could tell that it was good based on Jax's reaction. He was quietly digging in and nodding his head.

"This is really good."

"Thank you."

Once we were done eating we both took the plates downstairs and put them in the sink and went back to the room.

It was time for him to receive his second birthday gift from me. I grabbed him and kissed him. I pulled him into the bathroom with me. He knew what was about to happen.

2 hours later
Skylar's POV

After getting out of the shower we laid in the bed entangled in each other's arms.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the day?"

"I really just wanna stay in bed all day, but that's not going to be possible. Mom always wants to throw a party for every little thing."

"Maybe we can stay in bed all day tomorrow."

He hummed and sat up. I saw Elle standing in the doorway.

"Sorry to interrupt but you guys should come downstairs. People should start arriving in about ten minutes."

"Mom what do you mean people?"

"Oh, just some friends and family members."

"You do know that we are trying to remain undercover right?"

"I know that son, I'm not dumb. Your dad wanted your grandparents to come down here for something so I figured that I should just invite all of them."

Jax grunted before looming over at me.

"Ok, mom."

Elle walked out and Jax stood up and stretched. He started putting on some clothes. I put on some clothes as well and followed him out of the room.