Chapter 27 Part 1 & 2✔️

A/n: the dining room of the new house.

Skylar's POV

Three weeks later

A lot had happened within three weeks. We have finally settled into the new house and set up safety measures for everyone.

Although we were sure that it was over we could never be too safe. Jax was still healing up.

He is now able to walk on his own and bend over. He still has to take it easy. As for Miles. Still no progress.

The house has been very gloomy without his presence. No one laughs anymore. We don't feel like we can.

Watching Aries mope around the house has even affected Jax. I watched as Jax walked into the room holding a plate of food for him and me.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Mm, everything."

He walked over and sat next to me before pulling me towards him.

"That's a lot to think about. What exactly is on your mind though."

"Everyones' well-being is on my mind. I'm thinking about you and Aries. Miles too."

I heard him sigh. Everything that had happened has started to take a toll on our relationship. Jax has been spending more time in his office than he does with me. I think the only reason why I'm ok with it is that he has been working to find his grandmother's whereabouts.

I couldn't let my emotions get in the way of him trying to find his loved one. This is the reason why I decided to push them aside even though that's not good for me either.

I watched him set the food on the nightstand and turn his body towards me. He had this slight smile on his face.

"Why don't we go out next week? Just you and me this time."

"What do you have up your sleeve Carter?"

He chuckled before shrugging his shoulders.

"You'll see."

I didn't like the sound of that. He always had a way of making me feel uncertain about any given situation. I reached over his lap and grabbed the food before slowly devouring it.

After we both got through eating we decided to freshen up before heading to the family room. It was still taking son time to get used to this house.

I watched as Jax stripped down before joining me in the shower. He smirked as he leaned down and kissed me. By the look on his face, I knew that he wanted to do more than shower.

One hour later...

After the events that took place in the shower, we decided to join everyone in the living room. The room was dead silent. Awkward. I walked over to Jace and Kinsley and sat down before looking around.

I saw that Jax was still standing up so I asked him what was doing.

"I need to talk to Jace, Aries, and Dad."

I hummed and watched as they all walked out of the room. I assumed they were talking about business. We all sat in silence for what felt like hours but were really only a few minutes.

"Soooo why is everyone so silent?"

My question seemed to bring them all out of a trance that they were in. I watched as they all turned and looked at me before looking away. That's weird. What do they have going on?