Chapter 2✔️

Jax POV

I sat in the waiting room for about three minutes waiting on Jace and that girl to show up. I knew that she was upset with me, but I needed to let her know that she and Skylar were in danger.

This was messier now that they were in the middle. I should have taken my business elsewhere. I looked up and saw Skylar's friend walking down the corridor. She was furious which is understandable but now was not the time to mess around. They both need to be relocated within the next few weeks.

"I need to speak to you."

She stopped and looked at me expectantly. She snapped her fingers and clapped her hand as she sat down next to me.

"You're the owner of Heat?! Wow, you look so different in person. Wait! How do you know my friend and what the hell do you want to do with us? Oh my gosh, you're going to kill us I knew it. I don't want to die yet!"

Wow, she can talk. I was so flabbergasted that I couldn't even say what I wanted to.

"Slow down. If you would let me talk, I would be more than happy to answer all of your questions."

She nodded her head and looked at her phone.

"Yes, I am the owner of Heat. Thank you for the compliment. Your friend and I have known each other since we were in middle school. No, I am not going to kill you guys, however, if you two don't come with me then you will be dead."

It was probably a bad idea to word it like that. She snapped her head up to mine and gulped.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I do some really dangerous things and there are people out there who want me and anyone associated with me dead. I need you both to pack up anything of importance and anything with your names on it. I will give you guys three weeks to quit your jobs and pack up. Once those three weeks are up, you both will be moving in with me. That is the only way I can keep you both safe. What do you think?"

"I think that I don't have a choice do I?"

I shook my head no, and she let out a deep sigh.

"Who's going to tell Skylar?"

"I will. It's my place to do so. The only thing that I want you to focus on is packing."

She nodded her head and looked down at her phone.

Three hours later

"Excuse me, is the family of Skylar Michaelson here?"

I stood up and walked straight towards the nurse. She looked me up and down before seductively saying, "How are you and Ms. Michelson related, sir."

"She is my girlfriend."

She looked a little disappointed before masking her look.

"Right this way."

She walked me to the room and told me that Skylar would be fine and that she would be ok in a month. Thankfully the bullet didn't hit any main vein or muscles, so she would make a full recovery quickly.

I walked into the room and sat down in the chair next to the bed. I rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath. The weight of the world is on my shoulders right now.

Skylar POV

I watched as Jax walked into the hospital room quietly. The nurse looked at me and smiled. She excused herself leaving Jax and me in one room. He was the first one to talk.

"I just wanted to start by saying that I am so very sorry for what happened to you, and just know that I will get to the bottom of this whether I die or not. The second thing that I have to say is that you need to move in with me. I have already talked to your friend about the situation that you guys are in now, and she fully agreed with me, so I am hoping that you will too."

I wanted to ask so many questions, but I knew that this was not the right place to ask questions like that, so I bit my tongue.

"I know you have questions but do you think that you can wait until we get out?"

" We can wait. When do I get out?"

"In two days."

I did not want to be in this place for more than a few hours. I sighed at his answer and closed my eyes.

I felt him grab my hand and squeeze it.

"I know how much you hate hospitals. I'm sorry again for all of this."

"It's not like you told that crazy lady to shoot me right?"

"Right."

I want to leave already. This place smells weird and it's cold.

One Week Later

Skylar's POV

After being discharged from the hospital we went home and started packing up. I never thought that we would have to do this but hey that's life for you. You're going to do things that you have never done before.

Jax walked into my room and sat down on my bed. I turned around and looked at him. Why was he still here? I know he has his own place seeing that he is the owner of Heat.

"Are you just going to stare at me?"

"Well you're not saying anything so what the hell am I supposed to do huh?"

He shook his head and stood up. He walked over towards me and grabbed my arm, pulling me closer to him.

"What's with the animosity? I just want to talk to you but you're making this too hard for yourself."

"I don't know, maybe the fact that I have to pack away everything and move in with you because you had the smart idea to do your dirty work at a bar where innocent people go. Do you even use your brain when you speak? Put two and two together dumb ass."

"Watch your fucking mouth when you talk to me."

I felt the grip on my arm tighten. I looked down and laugh.

"Or what? Are you gonna shoot me? Hmm? Please tell me what the hell you're going to do if I don't watch my mouth."

He stepped back and chuckled. Whenever he tilted his head I knew he was pissed. I rubbed my arm and hobbled over to the bed. He sighed while his eyes were on me.

I wasn't going anywhere with him if that's how he was going to act. He has changed since the last time I saw him but that could just be because we were both still in school. I laid back on the bed and let out the breath that I was holding.

It was almost time for me to take my pain pill. I sat back up and came face to face with Jax. He looks really good up close. I leaned back onto my elbows and raised my eyebrows in a questioning manner.

"Looking for this?"

In his hand laid my pill and in his other hand was a bottle of water. When the fuck did he get all of this? I grabbed the pill out of his hand and took it without question.

I was expecting him to get up and walk out but nope, he was still in my face. What is he doing?

"Jaxson, why are you still in my face?"

"Because I want to be."

"Do you think I care about what you want?"

"You do."

I hate him. I rolled my eyes and laid on my back. I don't have time for him. What I did not expect was for him to get on top of me and look me in my eyes.