Chapter 3✔️

Skylar's POV

His eyes turned three shades darker. He sighed and sat down next to me. He placed his hand on my wrist and rubbed softly while looking away. I wonder what's on his mind.

"What's on your mind?"

"Everything is on my mind right now."

I sat up and turned his head towards me. Stress was very evident on his face.

"Talk to me."

"This situation has gotten way messier now that you and your friend have been caught in the crossfire. Some of my men have gone missing. It's just stressful."

There is something else bothering him, I can tell from the way he is looking.

"What else? I know there is something else you're not telling me."

"I want to kiss you."

What?

To say that I was stumped would be an understatement. I watched as he scooted towards me with that look in his eyes. Did I want to push him away? No, not really. He was inches away from my face. He looked down at my lips and looked back up at me.

I knew that he was asking me for permission. Do I want this? Yes, I do. I nodded my head and leaned in closer. He grabbed my face and kissed me with vehemence. He snaked his hands around my waist and carefully put me on his lap.

I intertwined my hands in his soft hair and pulled. He groaned and pulled away from me. I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me. Lust-filled eyes stared back at me. His lips were red. He opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted by someone at my door.

"Skylar do you think I could sl- oh never mind about that."

Kinsley just saw me on top of Jax. Shit. I slowly got off of him and looked at the door. She had already ran off to her room.

I turned and looked at Jax. He smiled and kissed my head before leaving. I smiled to myself and got up. I need to finish packing so that we could hurry up and get to safety.

"So you wanna tell me what that was? Don't lie either because I saw that."

You saw what it was so why would you even ask?

I rolled my eyes at her and slowly walked back over to my bed. I got under nearby the covers and looked at her with an inexpressive look on my face.

She could tell that I didn't want to talk about it so she sat down on the end of my bed and looked at me with those stupid eyes. She wanted something.

"What?"

"Can I stay in your room and watch TV with you?"

I nodded my head yes because I knew there was no way out of it. She jumped on my bed and put it on Twilight. I knew that it was going to be a long night.

I started to think to myself. I can't believe that I let my best friend kiss me after everything that happened. I rolled my eyes and laid back on the bed focusing on the tv.

1 week later
Jax POV

Everything had been so quiet lately and that was starting to scare me. Normally we would get one of their people who would come and tell us what they want.

I couldn't get that kiss out of my head. I can still feel her soft lips on mine. I wanted more but now is not the right to to do any of that. We have a lot of things we need to talk about before we do anything like that.

I have been in my office for three days. I know Sky is wondering where I am. I called her an hour ago and told her that I'll be by to make sure that they were ok. I knew that there was a pending conversation that all of us needed to have.

I needed to let them know exactly what was going on and house keeping shit.

My eyes have been glued to the same screen for hours. I felt someone glance over my shoulder. I didn't even have to look back to know who it was.

"What."

"Let's go bro. We got some work that we need to do. We can't afford for you to look at a blank page all day."

I grunted and shut off my laptop. Grabbing my keys, I made sure to lock the door to my office. I hopped into my car and sped off.

The road was void of any cars. My neck started tingling, letting me know that something was not right about this situation. I came up to a red light and stopped.

I glanced in the rear view mirror and saw a black car speeding towards us. I instantly started driving but before I could go any further a white dodge came from the left. This was a planned attack.

I quickly calculated how fast the cars were going before deciding if I could make it or not.

Both cars were going about 93 mph. There was no way that I was going to be able to get around them, so I did what any sane person would do, and I drove forward at a steady speed of 23mph.

Kyle looked at me in horror and opened his mouth, but before he could speak I quickly accelerated and took a sharp right causing both cars to ram into each other and explode.

I pulled over and grabbed my phone. I needed my men out here on the scene. I needed to know who had sent them and I couldn't wait for my men to get here.

I got out of the car and slowly walked up to the cars to check if they were alive.

Unfortunately, they were burnt to a crisp, so there was no way to know who had sent them.

I got back in my car and sped off before the police came to the scene.

The drive back to the main house was quiet. Practically too quiet.

I looked over expecting to see Kyle in the seat, but I was met with an empty passenger side.

I quickly pulled into the yard and pulled out my phone to track him.

I've gifted all of my men some sort of jewelry that unknowingly had a tracking device in it just so that I know their every move.

I noted that Kyle was in an unmarked and unusual place.

I knew that I didn't have any business out there, so I called up Aries, my best friend and right-hand man.

He and I have been close since kindergarten. We grew up together and spent practically every day with each other.

I heard a knock on my window which brought me back to reality.

I rolled the window down and filled him in on what just happened and about Kyle.

"I'll send Jordan and Preston out to the location and have them figure out why he is there. Once they are done I'll let you know everything." 

I nodded my head and rolled my window up and backed out of the yard.

I was going to go check on Skylar and her friend.

I couldn't tell her what had just happened because she would make a big deal out of it.

Once I got to her apartment I knocked on the door and waited for a response.

I never got one, so I turned the doorknob thinking that it would be locked, but to my surprise, it opened right up.

I pulled my gun from my suit jacket and slowly walked around.

I went to her bedroom last and peeked in and saw her and Kinsley knocked out.

I breathed a sigh of relief before smiling and shutting the door.

I made sure that her doors were locked before heading to the main house to figure out what the fuck was going on.

Someone was plotting something and I was going to get to the bottom of it.