Chapter 17

Krithi p.o.v:-

"Mom!!!!"Rithu shouted.

I took the blanket off my body and ran to Kitchen.I saw my mom laid unconsciously on floor,Rithu sat shouting beside her.

"Mom!What happened?"She started crying."Wake up Mom!"She is shouting hysterically.I went near her and saw my mom.She must have fainted.

"Rithu get some water and sprinkle on her face"I said hiding the tension inside me.

"Yeah water.."She got up wiping her tears.I took mom's hand and rubbed the palm. Rithu came and sprinkle the water on her eyes,but still she is not moving.God!My heart stopped beating.I placed my shaking hand on her chest and found her heart is beating.I sighed in relief.

"Why she isn't waking up Krithi?"Rithu shouted again.

"Rithu shouting won't wake her up.."I yelled at her.

"Hey wait.I 'll call Geetha Aunty."She said and went out of Kitchen ,but stopped in mid way."Shit!They are not at home.They went out of city.Mom told me  few minutes ago"Her voice trembled.

Just then my phone rang.

"Who the hell is calling you now?"She asked coming back to kitchen.

I wanted to scold her but I controlled myself."What if it is dad?"I asked.

"Oh you are right.I will tell him about this."Saying she got up.

"Rithu are you mad!We can't make him tensed.Stay here."I stood and went to our room.Yash name is flashing on screen.Why the hell he is calling me now?

I rejected the call and without locking it,I was about to place it back on the study table.But my eye caught Deepu's name on the contact list.It will be better to call him.Without wasting time,I tap his name.He picked up the call after five rings.

"Krithika!!Don't you see the time?Its mid night ..."His words slurred and made sense that he was in deep sleep.

"Deepak!Listen here...mom.."I wanted to tell about the situation but I can't phrase any words.

"Hey!Is everything alright?"He asked panicking.

Controlling my tension and tears,I told him everything.

"Okay...don't worry I am on the way."He said and I heard some shuffling sounds."I am getting the ambulance.Don't panic.I 'll be there in ten minutes,Okay.."Saying,he hung up.

'Krithi,You need not to cry for anything.calm down'I said to myself wiping the tears on my cheeks.

I opened my wardrobe and picked up black jeans and changed into them.Tying, my hair into a pony tail,I left the room and went to Kitchen.Rithu is crying placing her head in her palms.God!Why she is behaving like this.What happened now?

"Rithu!I called Deepak,and he is coming.We can take her to hospital.Go and get the money."I said and went near to mom.Rithu went to dad's room where the money is placed.

At the same time,I heard the ambulance siren.And within few seconds,Deepak came along with two men wearing hospital uniforms and took mom with them.Me and Deepak followed them.

"Where is Rithu?"He asked exiting the house.

"She is in the room,She is..."

"What is she doing there?"He asked cutting me off."Okay you go along with mom,Me and Rithu will come in my car."He said and without replying,I followed his words.

------

We entered the hospital,And I ran after the stretcher.I was got stopped by the receptionist.