chapter 32

Yash:

I never know how it feels like when you are in Himalayas in winter season and some one come and pour cold water on you.But as my mom announces my marriage I felt in that way.

"What?!!!!"I shouted.

"Any problem?"My dad came running to us hearing my shouts.

"Look your son behaving so innocently."My mom said with full of humor showing me and took the plate in my hand.

"Mom!I am serious.You are planning to get me married,then why you don't tell me?"I exclaimed.

"Come on Yashwanth,we asked and arranged it?"Dad replied.

"You asked me!!?When?"

"Last night at dinner...you even said okay!"My mom spoke up and I rewind the last night at dinner.Then I remembered that I was thinking about something while dad asked me.

"But mom this is fair,you can't take decision just with one 'okay' from me."I tried to cancel of this marriage.I don't even know her name and I didn't have any idea of getting married so soon.May be this why Jai asked me about my opinion on marriage.

"Yashwanth,listen.No need to worry.See her first,if you are okay,then we will proceed.We are not forcing you at all."My mom convinced me and I agreed.However that girl be,My final answer will be no.I thought and stepped into elevator.

"What is her name?"I asked dryly pressing button on which number 3 is present.

"Rithika...Rithika Mehtha.."My dad said and again I was wondered.Rithika mehtha...means krithi's sister.That means,Krithi is my relative and now I am going to her house.It is really fascinating,how small the world is?

My now greatest disappointment is that she is not here.I assumed how she will react if she opens the door and seeing me with my family,then she would surely going to freak out.

As the elevator stops,we came out of it and made our way to Krithi's house.We pressed the door bell and with in seconds the doors got opened.An elderly man,around 50's opened the door and I can say he is Krithi's father.She has many features of his.

"Come in,come in."he greeted and moved away door to give us space to enter in.He was smiling so widely and I can see happiness in his brown eyes.Mom entered in followed by dad and she placed the plates on coffee table in living hall.

"You are Yashwanth or..."He saw my face and said.

"Yashwanth uncle,Jai is on the way."I said and bent down to touch his feet,while my dad is hugging some lady in white,lengthy salwar.She broke the hug and wiped tears spread on her cheeks.I also saw a girl,who wore simple light blue sari with full of gold thread embroidery all over it,with her hair loose.She dressed up in traditional Indian style with the jewelry around her neck.I can tell she is Krithi's sister.I am seeing her today.How Krithi is going to react of I say that I met her sister and most interesting that my marriage was arranged with her?

"Sit down here son,Rithu get some thing to eat or drink."Uncle ordered and she flew inside without glancing me.I thought she was not a shy-type person.But any girl,espeacially in India will get that shy when it comes to marriage.Mean while,I sat on single couch,which is beside the door,uncle and aunt sat opposite to me,while mom and dad took a large couch placed in between us.I spoke to aunt,Heena and I became so comfortable with in seconds.I love this house,simple,yet attractive.

"She is Rithu..Rithika.."Uncle introduced her as soon as she brought us few cups of tea.She looked me while serving me a cup,smiling and her smile turned to surprise.

"You?!"She seems astonished.Did she see me with her sister?

"You know him Rithu?"Uncle asked and she turned around placing the empty plate on coffee table.