Chapter 8

Krithi p.o.v:-

"Good morning dad"

I greeted as I just came out of my room and saw my father reading newspaper.

"Good morning Krithi..." he replied without turning his head from newspaper.

I made my way to kitchen as I heard mom and Rithu talking. The kitchen is filled with the smell of roasted parota.

"Good morning maa.what are you preparing for breakfast?" I went and placed my hand around her neck.

"My favorite aloo paranta." Rithu replied with a glee and continued making the breakfast. I don't like them actually.

"Whatever.. I am too hungry maa.." my mom cut off me.

"Krithi don't get any idea of eating.....you didn't take your bath."she said.

"Maa I had taken shower just few hours back.."

"And after that you slept....first go out of the kitchen and do what I say to get your food.."she ordered. Typical Indian mother!!

As I guess that preparation of breakfast takes some time I went straight to bathroom.

After striping my clothes off, I turn on the shower. I got shivered as the cold water touched my skin. I think my luck is not cooperating with me at this moment. I am so damn hungry but I didn't get food because of my mother's rule and traditions. Now this cold water.god!!

My mom is strict when its comes to traditions and customs. But if situations didn't favor then she will adjust her rules.My father of course follows my mom only in these matters.They both think that girls should be traditional and calm but not all the times.They are very careful about our life but they supported us in all aspects.We have our freedom but up to some limit.They just want us to follow our culture and make us to respect it.

How ever, our family is happiest one and our home filled with the love among us.The most fascinating thing for me is the love between mom and dad.They still love each other a lot.I don't know how they understand and support each other after this many years.I think my heart is waiting that same pure love. 'You need not wait because you already got him' my inner voice gave me another heart attack. what him and why him actually who is he???

I wrapped the towel around me and went to wardrobe.The door of my wardrobe got different stickers of random things and one poster of shah rukh khan.Yes I am big fan of him.I opened door and took red cotton kurta as a pair for white leggings.Before I close the door my eye caught another dress.I opened and saw blue top.

"Blue suits you"i smiled as I remembered his words.

Without thinking anything I wore that blue kurta and went out of my room straight to dining table.The dishes are already placed on it and everyone started eating.

I went and sat beside Rithu and opposite to dad and Rithu sat opposite to my mom as usually.

"Can I eat my breakfast now maa?" I asked innocently.

"Of course darling.with pleasure.." my mom said chuckling.

I took one paranta and after placing it in my plate I reached for butter.But my hand got a slap.

"Don't eat butter Krithi" my sister warned.

"Oh Rithu....just ..."my reason got cut off

"Krithi you will always have reasons for everything..."rithu scolded to which I pouted.

"You will get fat Krithi.Listen to me." she said.

I just ignored her and and continue eating my breakfast.