18: Babe magnets?

Brad pulled away to look at me.

"Me?"

"Erh... I'm just going to go back insi-"

"Wait! What have I done wrong?"

"You say you like me, then I meet Grace who keeps going on about how your going to ask her out and it's just... I built up all these walls and I was beginning to break them down...

For you... But now I've lost James and I can't lose anyone else and them walls have been built back up again. I can't keep losing people I care about Brad... not anymore...

I just can't deal with it all..."

"Whats that supposed to mean?"

I walked to the railings of the balcony as I looked down at the street below me...

"It means... It means that if I just left this world, everyone would be happier..."

"No! No... you don't know that!"

"Brad... face it, you want Grace, James doesn't want my friendship and I'm damn sure Becca wouldn't miss me... Everyone would be happier if they didn't have to think they need to worry about me..."

"Who says I want Grace?"

"Oh its so obvious... plus she doesn't let it go quietly..."

I heard Brad sigh as he came and stood next to me, leaning his arms on the railings.

"Could you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Take your own life?"

I didn't answer straight away, instead I thought of all the times it had crossed my mind...

"You want the truth?"

"Yep..."

"I could quite easily jump off here right now... I've just had enough of it all..."

Within seconds, I felt Brad's arm snake around my waist as he pulled me into his side, almost reassuring himself that I wouldn't jump.

I placed my head on his shoulder as we both just looked out on the world infront of us...

But our moment was soon interrupted when the door was opened.

"What's going on here?"

And here is the bitch Grace...

Brad kept his arm around my waist and didn't bother turning around as he spoke.

"Piss off Grace..."

"Wow... Destiny? What did you do to my Brad?"

"Your Brad? I don't belong to you Grace! I'm sick of you and your stupid attitude."

"Chill babe... Anyway, come on were leaving..."

I don't know why but that just tipped me over the edge...

I turned to face her as my hand came up and made contact with her cheek...

oops... my hand... slipped?

"Oops..."

"What the fuck you bitch!"

"Did you not here Brad? Get the fuck out before I do more than slap you..."

"Oh I'm so scared..."

"You should be bitch..."

Without thinking, I grabbed ahold of her hair and began pulling her back through James's apartment and heading for the front door.