12: He knew how to push my buttons...

I woke up the next morning lying on the living room floor... Well... That happened...

I slowly stood up off the living room floor as I remembered the reason why I had been sleeping on the sofa..

Brad...

I internally groaned as I made my way into the kitchen to make myself and Brad a cup of coffee.

Whilst waiting for the kettle to boil, I grabbed my phone from the charger, seeing that I had a missed call from school, and that they had left a voicemail.

"This is Valley High School calling to notify you that due to the damage caused by the weather, school will be closed all this week and next week. However, you will be expected to come in next friday for graduation. Stay safe and see you next friday if you are graduating. Good day."

That meant in two weeks, I would be graduating... No more school... I would be free!

It also means I could move out on my own...

I could start my life afresh... where ever I wanted. I could move far away, but I would miss James and Becca. I wouldn't be able to visit my parents graves... not that I've done that yet.

I just couldn't go alone and I didn't want my friends coming with me, I needed alone time with them, just not yet...

I wasn't quite ready yet. I know its been a month, but thats not long enough for me to be able to go to their graves and not completely break down.

I didn't know how long I had been stood there daydreaming, but I heard the kettle go off. I took hold of the kettle, pouring the boiling water into the two mugs that were filled with coffee.

"Morning love..."

I jumped as I heard Brad walk into the kitchen and take a seat on a stool.

"Morning..."

"Did you sleep somewhere else last night?"

"Erh... yea."

"Why?"

"I was thinking about stuff and I couldn't get to sleep so I sat on the sofa and I just fell asleep."

I spoke barely loud enough, but I knew he had heard me when he replied.

"What stuff were you thinking about?"

"Where I'm going to go in two weeks."

"What does that mean?"

"I graduate next friday, and I'm gonna move somewhere else, far away from here..."

I took a glance at his face, to see his features immediately drop.

I handed him his coffee and he mumbled a thanks but never looked at my eyes.

"Where will you move to?"

"I have no idea. I have no family anymore so I'm not tied down."

"What about James, Becca... me?"

I couldn't bring myself to reply as I took a long sip of my coffee, trying to ignore his question.

"Dee?"

"Hmm?"

"Why do you want to move away from here?"

"Becasue of all the memories I have here Brad... My parents death, the bullying, everything. I'm going to be 18 the sunday after graduation... I can go where I want, do what I want..."

"You don't have to move out of this area, just this apartment maybe?"

"I don't know..."

"I'l miss you..."

"Please. You hardly know me!"

"Do I need to? Anyway, you might wanna get ready if you wanna get to school on time."

"Schools closed till next friday."

"Oh... you wanna come to band practise later on today?"

"Sure..."

"Good. We'll be leaving in an hour if thats okay?"

"Yea."

I felt bad for being so blunt with him, but he had just pissed me off and I needed time to think about whether I'm actually going to move away from here or if I should stay...

Erghhh... I don't even know anymore...