Chapter XVIII

Carlos Avida had completed his final trick for the night and was met with applause and cheers as he blew kisses to the crowd and walked off the stage. Benji and Emily were up on their feet applauding as was everyone else. It was the best night of Benji's life and he would have relived it every day if he could.

"That was incredible!" Benji beamed, walking over to the bar with Emily to get a drink.

"I know, right! I've never seen anything like that. It's so different seeing it in person instead of watching it on YouTube," Emily stated.

"Exactly. I would see him perform every day for the rest of my life if I could."

"Me, too."

"What did you think, Benji?" Lyle asked the man when he approached the bar and got himself a drink.

"Absolutely amazing. Thank you so much again for getting me a ticket. It was the best night of my life."

"I'm glad to help out. Carlos Avida is a star. I've learned so much from him and I'm still learning from him."

"Me, too."

"So, Emily here tells me you're on vacation with Beca Mitchell and Chloe Beale."

"I am."

"That's amazing. Emily talks about Beca quite a bit. Thank you for getting Beca to listen to her music."

"It's my pleasure. Beca may seem to be rough but she's really down to earth. Don't tell her I said that though," Benji chuckled.

"Promise. It doesn't surprise me that she'd be down to earth. I see how she interacts with her fans and she's really sweet."

"Yeah, she is."

"How long have you known Beca for?"

"A while. We met back in college so it's been a bit since then."

"College? Wow! What was she like back then?"

"Ah... She hasn't really changed, to be honest. I mean, she's grown a lot and all that but the fame hasn't changed her or anything, which is good. I think Chloe's also kept her quite grounded as well."

"Yeah, of course. They're a great couple."

"I know! They're so cute!" Emily beamed. "I cried when I watched Beca's confession video four years ago. She touched everyone's hearts that day."

"Well, she hasn't changed since then. She's still in love with Chloe and Chloe's still in love with her. It's really sweet to see," Benji said proudly.

"Aww!" Emily smiled and Lyly chuckled.

"Anyway, I'll leave you two alone. I've got to go mingle anyway," Lyle concluded.

"Thank you again, Lyle. I really appreciate it." Benji shook Lyle's hand.

"No worries. Enjoy the rest of your night."

"Thank you!" Benji smiled and watched Lyle walk off. "What a nice guy..."

"Yeah, he really is." Emily smiled after him and Benji got an unsettling feeling in his stomach.

"So, are you two... a thing or something?" Benji blurted out.

"What?" Emily snapped her head back to Benji. "Oh, no! No, we're just friends."

"Oh, okay. I just thought... that there, you know, might be... something there..." Benji said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, no, we're just friends - that's all."