Chapter XXIX

It was the end of the day and Beca and Chloe finally arrived back at their home in L.A. It had been a long few weeks but it was finally over. John was awake and had woken up a changed man, which took everyone by surprise but they weren't complaining.

"I'm so tired..." Beca whined as she climbed into bed.

"Aww! My poor baby!" Chloe slipped under the sheets and cradled Beca in her arms.

"I'm serious, Chlo, I can't keep my eyes open any more."

"Not even if I took my shirt off?" She teased.

Beca sighed. "Please don't use my favourite things as a weapon against me - it's not fair."

"Your favourite things?" Chloe chuckled.

"You know I'm a boob woman so when you go around threatening to take your top off, it's not fair."

"It was just a suggestion."

"Well, quit it. You can take it off in the morning when I've recharged."

Chloe giggled again and kissed Beca's head. "Yes, baby."

Beca sighed into Chloe's chest, loving the way her girlfriend smelt and how comfortable she was in the model's arms.

"I'm so happy for Bree," Chloe spoke.

"Mm,"

"I'm so glad that John came around. I mean, it was unexpected and I never thought that it'd be possible but it happened and now Aubrey's going to have the wedding she's always dreamed of."

"Yeah, it was a surprise that's for sure."

"Becs..."

"Yeah?"

"We're you..." Chloe was nervous to ask. "Where you... okay when John asked about our wedding?"

Beca paused for a moment. "What do you mean?"

"Well, it's just... you went a bit stiff when he asked you that's all."

"Oh... No... I, I was fine."

"Becs,"

Beca sighed. She knew that she couldn't keep anything from Chloe, so she pulled out of the redhead's arms and rubbed her tired face.

"It was just a little awkward, that's all."

"What do you mean?"

"We've had the marriage talk and it's always been uncomfortable so when John goes and asks that after we've just moved on from it... it's a little awkward, you know? You can't tell me that you didn't feel that awkwardness in the room."

"I did but we've both agreed that we're going to get married one day."

"Yes, one day but..." Beca stopped.

"What?"

Beca shook her head. "Nothing. It's just a little uncomfortable and awkward for me to talk about it that's all."

"Why?"

Beca breathed a laugh. "We're really doing this right now?"

"You know I can't just leave things. So, yes - we're doing this right now."

Beca took a breath then spoke. "Chlo, I know you want to get married and I see the way you look at Stacie and Aubrey. You have that look in your eyes that just says... 'I wish that were me and Beca', or something like that. I know how badly you want it and I still feel bad that I'm not ready to give it to you yet."

"Beca, we've talked about this - if you're not ready then you're not ready. There's nothing I can do about that. Yes, I do want to get married and if you proposed to me right now I'd say yes a million times over. I've been ready to marry you for a long time but I knew you weren't ready and I know you're not ready now."