Chapter XIV

"SHIT!" Beca fretted then grabbed Jesse by the shirt. "Jesse, go after him NOW!"

"Ah, o, okay!"

"NOW!"

"Okay!" Filled with fear and adrenaline, Jesse turned and ran in the direction of the photographer.

"Shit!" Beca fisted her hair then went onto the dancefloor and pushed her way through the inebriated dancers to find Chloe.

The model was happily dancing with Benji who was finally starting to loosen up and relax after his tough day. It was nice to see but Beca didn't really care at that moment.

"Chloe!" Beca yelled over the music, capturing Chloe's attention.

"Oh! Hey, baby! Come to dance with me, have you?" Chloe purred, folding her arms around the younger woman's neck.

"I need to talk to you. Now."

"Oh, okay."

Beca took Chloe's hand and led her off the dancefloor and to a space in the club that wasn't so loud.

"We have a problem," Beca stated.

"What's wrong?"

"Okay, well, here's the thing..."

"What?"

"You have to promise to just hear me out until I finish talking, okay?"

"Becs, you're scaring me. Just tell me."

"Okay," Beca took a breath. "Jesse and I were talking about how he needs to move on and how I'll never be with him because I don't like him in that way then he told me he loved me then he kissed me and some photographer got a photo of us and now he's run off and I told Jesse to go after him, which he did and now I'm here talking with you."

Beca stopped and caught her breath then looked up at her girlfriend who was fuming. Her eyes were now hard, her jaw was clenched, and she looked like she was ready to go on a rampage.

"Jesse kissed you?" Chloe uttered, dangerously calm and Beca feared for the man's life.

"Yes, but he was drunk."

"So you're justifying him kissing you?"

"No! I'm just saying that he didn't mean to do it and I'm only saying this so you don't go and kill him like I know you want to and possibly will if I don't take you back to our hotel right now."

"He kissed you and some photographer got a photo and now that's going to be all over every magazine by tomorrow morning."

"I know, but I got Jesse to go after him."

"That doesn't mean anything, Beca! He could have saved the photos to his phone and sent them off already! You should know that by now!" Chloe was growing angrier with each word she spoke.

"I know, but-"

"No buts!" Chloe snapped, making Beca jump s little. "As soon as I see Jesse again he's going to wish that he never caught feelings for you in the first place!"

"Chlo, stop. Please, just calm down," Beca pleaded.

"Becs," Jesse came over to the brunette.

"YOU!" Chloe screamed at the man. "You kissed my girlfriend!"

"Oh, shit," Jesse whispered, frightened of Chloe's raging eyes. "Chloe, listen-"

"You're dead!" Chloe went to leap onto Jesse but Beca interjected.

"Chlo! Stop!" Beca managed to pull Chloe away from Jesse who took several steps away from the angry redhead.

"How DARE you!" Chloe barked at him.