Chapter XVII

Benji was over the moon when he arrived at one of the casino's were Carlos Avida was to perform. The man had dressed up in a suit for the occasion and he and Jesse even went out earlier that day and got Benji some nice cologne to put on. Benji looked very smart and Jesse was so proud of his best friend. Both men knew that it wasn't a date but it was a potential window for one. It wasn't a date since neither Benji or Emily labelled it as such, and also because Lyle was going to be attending the show as well, which Benji wasn't too happy about but Lyle seemed like a nice guy so Benji wasn't worried.

"Benji!" Emily beamed when she saw Benji approach the VIP area of the casino.

The VIP area was extremely large and fancy, with everyone wearing suits and dresses to match the occasion. Emily looked exquisite in a black dress with matching heels. She had styled her hair into loose waves and applied a decent amount of makeup to her face to accentuate her features. Benji's mouth was dry when he saw the woman and had a difficult time getting words out.

"E, Emily! H, hi!" Benji smiled awkwardly and met Emily in the middle for a hug.

"I'm so glad you came!" The woman smiled at Benji when they broke their hug.

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this for the world!"

"I know right? This is going to be so good."

Benji nodded as he adored Emily's bright smile.

"Benji!"

Benji was pulled out of his daze when Lyle approached the pair.

"Lyle!"

"Good to see you again, man," Lyle gripped Benji's hand and gave it a firm shake.

"Yes, it's good to see you, too." Benji smiled.

"Are you ready for the show?"

"Absolutely! Thank you again for getting me a ticket. I'm so grateful. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"Hey, no problem! Any friend of Emily's is a friend of mine."

"Lyle!" Lyle was called from across the room.

"Ah, shoot, that's me. I've gotta go. Help yourself to the food and drink going around, Benji."

"Wow, thank you!"

"No problem!" Lyle smiled and went to where his name was called.

"So, how have you been?" Emily asked.

"Yeah, I've been really good. I... I just want to say that you look beautiful tonight."

"Oh, thank you. I got this dress just before I came here so I'm glad to finally be wearing it."

"It looks incredible. You suit it so well..."

"Thank you," Emily blushed. "You look very dapper."

"Oh, thank you. I do like to dress up when I can."

"Well, that makes two of us."

The pair smiled at each other and got lost in one another's gaze until the lights started to dim.

"Oh! The show's about to start! Come on!" Emily urged and raced to her seat.

"Coming!" Benji followed the woman and found that he was seated next to her in a seat that was right next to the stage.

Benji got jitters all through him and it felt like an eternity that he had to wait until the one and only Carlos Avida walked onto the stage in a tuxedo. The crowd erupted with cheers that Benji and Emily added to. The pair both turned to each other with excited smiles as the show commenced. They were like a couple of kids seeing their first ever show and it truly was a sight to see.