Chapter V

It was the day of Beca and Chloe's four year anniversary. Chloe had been counting down the days ever since Beca had told her that she had a surprise for the redhead and the day had finally come. Like Chloe's surprise date she planned for Beca four years ago, Beca had opted for the same tactic. Chloe woke up to an empty bed much to her dismay but she was left with a note on her bedside table.

Happy anniversary, baby!

I had to leave early for work but don't worry, we'll see each other soon. Breakfast is in the oven and your tea is on the kitchen bench. Eat up, have a good day, and I'll see you tonight.

Love Beca. xxx

Chloe beamed at the note then after doing her morning routine of going to the bathroom, washing her face, and brushing her hair, the model went into the kitchen and found her breakfast in the oven as explained. It was bacon and scrambled eggs on toast with a hash brown on the side. The model sat at the kitchen bench and began eating her breakfast. As lovely and delicious as the breakfast was, Chloe couldn't help but feel lonely since eating breakfast alone was quite uncommon for her. She always had it with Beca. They would talk about what plans they had for the day and other things going on in their lives. It was a routine that never bored Chloe. She loved every moment she spent with her girlfriend so being without her that morning gave her quite the alien feeling.

Once Chloe had finished her breakfast and tea, she texted Beca.

Chloe: Thank you for my breakfast, baby. It was amazing as always. xxx

The redhead didn't have to wait long at all for a reply.

Beca: You're most welcome, babe. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I also took the liberty of making your lunch as well. It's in the fridge. :)

Chloe: Aww! Thank you, cutie! You didn't have to!

Beca: Of course I did! It's our anniversary, meaning that I have to go all out. It's a special day and it's going to be even more of a special night. ;)

Chloe's smile couldn't get any bigger if she tried. The level of excitement the model had couldn't have been measured. She knew it was going to be a long day but she also knew that the wait would have been worth it.

Chloe: You're amazing. I can't tell you how excited I am for tonight.

Beca: Me, too. I can't wait to see you all dolled up and looking beautiful as ever. I love date nights with you, especially anniversary dates.

Chloe: You're so sweet, Becs. This is why everyone loves you.

Beca: Only you see this side of me, Beale, so let's keep it that way. You know I have a reputation to uphold here.

Chloe giggled.

Chloe: Yes, cutie. Your secret is safe with me and will always be safe with me.

Beca: Good. Now, I have to get to work. CR's really on me for getting this album finalised. Have a good day and I'll talk to you soon!

Chloe: Good luck, baby! Talk to you soon! Love you! xxx

Beca: Love you, too. xxx

With that, Chloe squealed in delight then got ready for the day.

~

"Someone's happy," Courtney said as Chloe practically bounced into her office.

Courtney was Chloe's business partner. He was in his early forties but he had the personality of a thirty-year-old, which made it easier for him and Chloe to get along well. He also had a shared office with Chloe, which was basically his office since Chloe was always out promoting her campaign and doing her modeling and other business. Courtney was the one who did all of the office work and the business side of things, which Chloe didn't mind.