LV - Marry

"Alex please." He sighed heavily in response.

"Stop calling me Alex.." I looked at him. "Is this what you want? Pagkatapos ng lahat ng sinabi mo.. ng mga ginawa mo. Papayag ka? Na ganito na lang matatapos?" Even asking those questions were painful.

"Of course not. I don't want any of this. Wala akong choice.."

"Am I not a choice?" I softly asked.

"You are. That's why I'm asking you to go home. I am choosing you. Hindi pamilya ko or trabaho ko ang nakasalalay dito Alex. Ikaw." He explained.

What does he mean? Did Dad threaten him? Anong kalokohan na naman to? Akala ko okay na lahat. We were ready to go back and fight for what we have. A lot has been sacrificed and left behind, then it will all just come down to this?

"What do you mean?.."

"Your Dad will tell you once you're home. My Father and him already talked and I gave him my terms to tell you the truth.." He briefly explained.

"I don't trust my Father as much as I trust you now Kit.."

"I know baby.. So, if you trust me go home and talk to your Dad." He answered. As if this isn't fucking painful to him. As if everything is nothing to him. Tangina naman world. Stop hurting me, hindi ko na kaya!

"What about you?" I softly asked.

He came near me and held my face, he looked straight into my eyes and there were numerous emotions that I can't even name. "I'll be where I am baby. You'll know where to find me." He kissed me on the forehead. "Go, and take care of yourself."

"I love you...", I answered back.

"Go.." He said softly and lightly pushed me to the door.

I felt so heartbroken and pained. I fucking want to leave and know what is happening. Bakit bigla na naman bago? Am I not entitled to be happy? Kahit minsan lang? Kahit ngayon lang, ako naman sana muna.

Why do they keep pushing the people that matter away from me? What have I done wrong in my life?

I took the flight home. I was a mess. I was crying and laughing. Fuck, I was near losing my mind.

As soon as I landed in Manila, I took the cab all the way to Dad's office. He's the first person I want to see and talk to right now.

"Ms. Reyes, your Father is.."

"Get out of my way.." I interrupted his secretary. I took my way to the door and slammed it open.

"Dad! What is all of this fuss about?"

I saw my Dad shocked. Kit's Father is right beside him, there was another old man and a younger man whose back I don't recognize.

"Princess.. you're home. You should have called so.."

"Cut it. What is happening? What have you done?"

"What?" He. Fucking. Innocently. Asked.

I didn't respond. I looked him straight in the eyes. He's an evil, evil man.

"Well, we're having your engagement dinner tomorrow. You're supposed to meet your future fiancée later but since both of you are here.."

The young man with them turned around with a smirk on his face.. He looks familiar.

"Hija, I want you to meet your fiancée, Mr. Bryan Samonte, Mr. Samonte, My daughter, Alexandria."

"Hi.." He offered his hand. But I didn't move.

"Bryan? Ikaw yung trabahador sa resort nila Jonas diba? What are you doing here?"

But even before he could answer, my Father interrupted.

"No need to be rude Alex.. Mr. Samonte here is the next CEO of the Santos Industries. Your friend, Jonas, willingly handed over the position to his cousin. He's pursuing another career, I think. He's supposed to be your fiancée but since he didn't want the job.." Dad looked at me with a smile and continued, "change of plans."

What? I don't understand bakit kailangan ako i-set up for a fixed marriage. Para saan ba 'to? If Dad and Mr. Cruz are business partners too, then bakit hindi kami pwede ni Kit?

"Dad.. you know I'm with someone.. I can't do this."

"Who? Mr. Cruz's son? Come on, Alex. He chose you to be here. I asked him and he chose this." What?

"You didn't know? He didn't tell you? I see." Dad continued. "Well, I asked him if he wants to marry you, they have to give up the rights of their company, he and his father can be a board member but not an independent operation from ours. He didn't agree to do it. But, Mr. Samonte is willing to do it with their company, so we will have him instead." Dad finished with a smirk.

"Para lang sa kumpanya? You're sacrificing my happiness and my life just for the sake of this company that I am not even interested about. What about Kuya? Where is he in all of this?"

"He's dealing with a future heiress in Italy right now. At least your brother is willing to do it."

"I am not my brother! I don't even know if you're still my father. You have turned to a monster dad. 7 years! 7 years without you, yet you were manipulating my life and this is what I get? Ridiculous!"

"You will get married whether you like it or not Alex. End of conversation."

"I hate you." I softly muttered as I stormed out of his office.

"Alex..." I heard someone call as he ran after me.

"Alex." Bryan held my arm.

I immediately brushed off his grip and slap him on the face, "Liar!"

He laughed. He fucking laughed. "I didn't lie about anything miss."

"How can you agree to all of this? You don't even know me!" I shouted to his face.

"God Alex, I've been wanting this since I was 7. And it fucking hurts you don't even remember me." Huh? Hindi ko naman talaga siya kilala! Nababaliw na ba silang lahat?

"I don't care! And get the hell out of my life. Freak!"

I walked out of the building. I walked a few more blocks away until I found a cab. I don't even want to go home.

"Dreamcrest po Kuya.."

I dialed Sophie's number.