XXV - Support

To see the happiness etched in Mom's and Sophie's face warmed my heart. Knowing that they are happy for me adds up to the overwhelming feeling of having Kit by my side. Ganito pala yung feeling no? Your family accepting the man you love gives you so much joy more than anything in this world can offer. Yung parang wala ka ng ibang hihilingin because the world has given you so much. As if I have been favored too much.

Seeing Mom and Sophie talk to Kit in a calm and casual way after everything that happened made me realize that they are to support me all the way. They didn't question or doubt the decision I made for myself, and Kit. Not until, Kuya Mico bursted my bubble, "Does Marco know?" He asked with an irritated tone. He caught all our attention but he was looking straight at me.

"Kuya, please stop. Don't do this to Alex." Pagmamakaawa ni Sophie sa kapatid.

He smirked at me and looked at Sophie. "What am I doing?" He playfully asked her. Then he looked back at me. I felt Kit squeezed my hand, and I know nagtitimpi na siya, before this goes anywhere, I have to say something. Inunahan ko na si Sophie bago pa siya magsalita.

"Kuya.." I stood up. Napatingin sila sakin, naramdaman kong pinisil ulit ni Kit ang kamay ko na hawak niya. As if he was stopping me, but I won't. "My brother will know. Mag-uusap kami. Are you trying to imply na baka hindi papayag si Kuya? Bakit? Nagsumbong ka na ba?.." I paused and breathed heavily. Tumayo din si Kit he's facing my side. His left hand was holding mine and he snaked his arms around my waist. "So what if he doesn't approve? Maybe not now, but I know he will soon. Mom and Sophie will testify for both of us. And just so you know, Kuya's words or even Dad's wont change my mind." I finished. I felt like my eyes are starting to tear up.

Lumapit na din sakin si Sophie. I looked at Mom and she nodded. I know she wants me to deal with this. Kit faced Kuya Mico and said, "Bro, you got her upset. Can we ask you to leave?" He said calmly.

Napatayo si Kuya Mico. "What? This isn't even your house. Ang kapal naman ng mukha mo." Tumataas na boses niya.

"Mico.." Mom called him. "Please go. You may come back when you're calm." Kuya Mico breathed heavily and closed his eyes tightly for a while and looked at Sophie. "Come on Soph, let's go home." Pag-aaya ni Kuya sakanya. I looked at Sophie and she's facing me with an apologetic look, I smiled at her, letting her know that I'll be okay.

She looked at his brother, "Go ahead Kuya, I'll stay here with Alex.." She paused and breathed heavily, "Kit will bring me home." She looked at Kit briefly and looked back at his brother.

Kuya Mico became silent and faced my Mom, "I'll go Tita, and I'm sorry." Tapos dinaanan niya lang kami.

I didn't expect that after all this time Kuya Mico will have this tension. I know he's trying to save me, after all, he was there when Kit and I faced issues. I can't blame him, he looked out after me ever since I became bestfriend with Sophie. I just do not like the fact that he's trying to drag my brother for his own reasons.

After Kuya Mico left, Mom invited us for dinner in which we all happily obliged. Nakalimutan ko na yung nangyari kanina, as our house was filled with Mom's and Sophie's laughter. Ngayon ko lang din ulit nakasama si Mama ng ganito, and I thank Kit for this kind of moment.

"Hey.." He called my attention. I was smiling while I faced him. "Hmm?" I asked. "You're quiet baby. What's wrong?" He softly asked. Maybe not to interrupt Mom and Sophie talking about shopping plans. "I'm fine baby." I answered and lightly combed his hair with my fingers.

"Let's bring Kit tita. So he can drive us and help us with our stuff." Sophie laughingly explained which caught my attention. Gaga talaga tong babae na ito.

"Sophie!" Inis ko na tawag sakanya.  "Joke lang bes.." Tumatawa pa din niyang sagot sa akin.

The conversation continued until Sophie received a call from Kuya Mico asking her to go home. Kinukulit naman ako ni Kit na babalik siya pagkahatid kay Sophie but I didn't agree. For sure tatawag si Kuya and I have a lot of explaining to do. Ako na lang ang naghatid sakanila sa may gate, nagpaiwan na si Mama sa loob.

Sophie is already sitting inside the car while talking to someone over the phone. Etong isa naglalambing pa.

"Come on baby, just one kiss." Malambing at may pang-aasar niyang sabi sa akin. Eh ayoko nga. Anjan si Mama at Sophie, baka makita kami. Nakakahiya. Sabihin naglalandian kami agad or pumapayag agad ako magpahalik. Basta ganun, ayoko.

"Kit.." I said with a warning tone. "Daya, baby" Pa-baby niyang sabi while he settled kissing my forehead. "I love you." He finished.

Kinikilig na naman ako. "I love you too baby." Sagot ko. "Please drive safely and text me when you get home. Okay?" I sweetly told him.

"Of course baby. I will. Bye." He kissed the back of my hand and turned around as he started walking to the driver's seat.

I just waved goodbye at them at ng makalayo na sila tsaka ako pumasok.

I was locking the door ng marining ko na may kausap si Manang sa telephone.

"Sige hijo." Yun ang huli kong narinig.

"Nang?" Tawag ko sakanya. Palapit na siya sa akin habang sinasabing, "Hija, Kuya mo ang tumawag. Mag-online ka daw at kakausapin ka niya." Mahinahon niyang sabi.

"Sige po nang. Salamat." Dumeretso na ko sa hagdanan para makaakyat. Mejo kinabahan ako.

Well, good luck to me.