LII - Aftermath

Pagpasok namin sa kwarto, naupo lang ako sa may kama. Patrick stood near the window, looking out.

"Where's Kit?" I asked.

"Lumabas pagkatapos nila mag-usap ng Kuya mo." He simply replied.

"I hope he doesn't hear any of this unless it's my brother who'll spill." I requested.

He looked at me as if checking if he heard me right. Ayoko nang malaman pa ni Kit. I don't want unnecessary things to quickly escalate.

Pat just nodded in response. He kept silent for a while. I know Patrick, he'll usually talk and ask. This isn't him.

"Anythig wrong Pat?" I asked.

"Alam mo ba Al, crush ko yang best friend mo eh." He responded without any hesitation. "Di nga lang crush.. May gusto ako jan. But after all these crazy shit.. She goes running to your brother." He laughed.

"What?" To my brother? Anong ibig sabihin non?

"She and your brother.. Got something going.."

"Baka wala lang yon Pat. Sophie's brother is close with us too."  I assured him.

He laughed again. "Nah, I asked her. I wanted to make everything okay between us while I have her here. Pero yun ang sabi niya, pagkatapos ko umalis, it was Marco who was there for her. I felt like I failed her."

I saw how sadness has crossed Pat's face. Maybe this is my fault.. Kung hindi si Patrick ang tinawagan ko noon, he could have done something for Sophie. They could be a thing right now. I felt like I wasted everyone's life when I fucked up mine.

"Sorry Pat. I should have gone on my own.. Hindi na sana kita dinamay noon." I shyly said.

"No Al.. Wala kang kasalanan, I went to the airport with you on my own will. I just thought I was doing something for Sophie too." He paused. "Guess, she needed something more than that."

"What are you going to do then?" I asked.

"Wala. If that's something that'll make her happy then so be it. Hindi ako katulad ni Kit na ipaglalaban ka hanggang impyerno. Your brother is a good man, while Kit is fighting with men who's the opposite." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. He is my friend, pero pag ganito siya sumagot sakin, nakakainis.

"Go and rest princess, pagagalitan ako ng knight and shining armor mo kapag hindi..

"Bes.. nakakaasar yung kapatid mo... Sorry, I didn't knew na may kasama ka." Sophie came barging in.

"Paalis na din ako.." He responded to her. He looked back at me, "Dadalhan kita ng pagkain dito, wag ka ng lumabas."

"She's a grown woman, she'll do whatever she wants." Masungit na sambit ni Sophie. Patrick just walked out and slammed the door behind.

I shot Sophie a questioning look and she just groaned in response.

"So.. you and my brother huh?" I cheekily said.

"Ayaw mo non? Kung di kayo magkakatuluyan ni Kuya, there's another way for us to be sisters!" She happily giggled.

"Baliw! And what about Pat? Ganon ganon na lang?" I asked.

"Mas inuna ka niya bes, how do you want me to feel? Happy? Ecstatic?" She sarcastically replied.

That was harsh. Mejo nahurt ako but I know mas nasaktan siya. She felt betrayed.

"Soph.. tinanong mo ba siya? why he went to me?"

"What.. what do you mean?" She uttered.

"He went to see me thinking it'll make you feel better. Siguro iniisip niya na pwede niyang sabihin sayo kung nasaan ako so he could ease whatever that's going through on your head." I explained.

"Impossible. He didn't say a word. I called him and all he did was lie. Alam kong nahanap ka niya, but he didn't say anything." Sagot ni Sophie.

She knew? Then bakit wala siyang ginawa? Was she that hurt for what Patrick did that she disregarded everything? Kaya ba nahanap ako ni Kuya?

"And you told my brother.." I commented trying to phish some information.

"I did. And I don't regret any of it." She smiled proudly.

"Are you happy?" I asked.

"I am.. your brother is a nice guy Alex. I always found him strict and masungit.. But nah, he's a totally different guy to me now."

"Eww. Stop talking about my brother like that."

"Baliw! Pero totoo.. I'm happy."

"Happy ka talaga? Or happy ka kasi nakikita mo na miserable si Pat? Now that you feel even, you're happy."

"Why do you know so much! Nakakaasar." She replied. I just smirked at her.

"You have to talk to him bes. Hindi pwedeng ganito lang. You have done so much for me and Kit and I don't want to see you like this."

"I'll think about it. But, your brother wants to talk to you too." Sophie softly said.

"Maybe not today." I replied with a smile.

Sophie nodded and stood up. She smiled and started walking to the door. As soon as the door closed, I let out a heavy sigh. Is this the aftermath of everything I have done?

Nasaktan ako at natakot. Pero hindi ko ginusto na pati sila eh maapektuhan. I didn't mean to ruin their lives. I didn't mean to bring them all to sadness and agony.

Someone knocked on the door, before I can say something, the door already opened. It was Kit.

"There you are." He said in relief with a smile on his face. I smiled back to him too.

Lumapit siya sakin, sat beside me and kissed my forehead. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Am I.. a bad person?" I stupidly asked. I sounded like a 12 year old.

He softly chuckled and replied, "What are you talking about baby?"

"I could have possibly ruined your relationship with your Dad. Then, my brother to our Dad. Mom's work may have been compromised since she have to come all the way here. Then, there's Sophie and Patrick who's relationship I may have ruined too even before it started. Then, there's you.." I stopped. I looked at his eyes. Damn, I don't even know where to start with him. I have ruined him so much I couldn't even say it.

"No baby.. None of those were your fault. We also made decisions.. You never insisted on making all of this about you. We wanted this because we all loved you. Don't think like that baby.. Please, don't.."

"I want to go home now. Let's settle all of this for once." I bravely said.