XLI - Support

"Come on, let's get back to the room. We'll go out for dinner later." Kuya helped me to stand and kept his hand on my waist.

I missed having my brother like this. I felt like it has been ages ever since we've been together. Pagkalabas namin ng elevator, agad akong kinabahan nung makita ko yung pinto ng kwarto namin. Andon pa ba si Kit? How would I react? And even before I can ask myself further, my brother gave me an answer.

"Don't worry, Kit left with Patrick. They'll be booking another room for themselves. He wants us to stay here for a while to give you some time to think." He said in a serious tone.

"Do you trust him?" I absent mindedly asked my brother. Hindi ko alam bakit ko tinanong yun sakanya, yun din yung gusto kong itanong sa sarili ko pero hindi ko masagot. I felt like I want to keep him away after the things he did, but I want him to stay because I love him.

"No." Kuya bluntly answered. Agad akong napatingala sakanya and even before I can react, he continued, "But I can see that he loves you. God, he even adore you." Then he laughed.

Agad napakunot noo ko? Hindi siya galit?

"You're crazy, brother." I told him while shaking my head.

"But seriously, I'm mad at him for sleeping with another girl behind your back, but I praise him for being honest. Alex, not everyone who cheated is ready to confess just like that. I won't ask you of anything, you've been hurt. But I just want to let you know that whatever your plan is, about Kit, I'm all in." He explained.

"Thank you Kuya." I replied. He gave me a kiss on the top of my head and hugged me.

"Get ready, we're leaving for dinner after thirty minutes." I nodded in response.

We went to a simple chinese restaurant just a few blocks away from the hotel. Hindi ko pa nakikita si Kit or si Patrick, I don't know where they are but I know they'll be fine. At kaysa nagiisip ako ng kung anu-ano dito, I'll try to contact them.

"Kuya.." He looked at me with a questioning look.

"Uhmm.. Do you have Pat's number that we can contact?" I shyly asked. He grinned to me like an idiot.

"Though you'll never asked sister." As he pulled out his phone and dialled. He handed it to me while Pat's phone still is ringing.

"Bro.." Pat answered.

"Uhm.. Pat." I said.

"Uy Alex, bakit? May problema ba?" He immediately asked.

"Wala, wala. I just wanna know where you both are."

"Ahh, nagdidinner, uwi na din kami mamaya. Ayaw uminom ni Kit eh.." Then he laughed. "Nagpapagood shot."

"Gago." I heard Kit said from the background.

"Sige Pat. Thanks." Then I hung up.

When I looked at my brother to give his phone back, he was still smiling like an idiot. "What?" Masungit kong sabi. He shaked his head in response.

"Weird mo Kuya." I rolled my eyes and shoved his phone back to his hand. He just shaked his head.

The rest of the dinner has been quiet, except for some calls Kuya took for business. I can't imagine how busy he is and how much pain in the ass I am.

"You seem busy." I commented after one of his phone call.

"Work, Sorry." He answered still checking his phone.

"Kuya.. I wanna stay here for a while, you can go back to work." I immediately suggested, bago pa ako panghinaan ng loob. And I sweetly smiled, hoping it'll work.

Kumunot ang noo niya, as if still processing what I have just told him.
"Are you crazy? I won't leave. I can work here. I promised, didn't I? I'm here to support you."  He answered.

"But.." He cut me off. "End of discussion."

I just nodded and finished my food. Right after dinner, we headed back to the hotel.

Nakapag-shower na ko when I saw Kuya gathering his papers and laptop.

"San punta mo?" I asked him.

"Good, you're done. Go and take a rest, I'll continue working at Patrick's room so you won't be disturbed."

"It's fine Kuya. You can just stay here. Baka sila naman ang maistorbo mo." I responded.

"Nope, they invited me for some beer, they seem to have work to finish as well. Go to sleep." He kissed me on my cheek, "We're at room 425 if you need anything." and left.

The room is just right beside ours. They all have work to do and they're all stuck with me. Nakakahiya. Parang ako pa yata itong nakakaistorbo sa kanila.

I was about to turn of the light when I heard a phone ringing. Since wala akong phone, for sure it's my brother's.

I found it at his bedside table and saw his Secretary's name on the screen. Must be important. I wore my robe and headed out. I immediately saw the room 425 door a bit open as I stepped out and before I can knock, I heard my brother shouting.

"Is that how fucked up you are? How do you want her to react?" That was my brother.

"Bro, hindi pa naman sure." I heard Patrick's voice.

What are they talking about and why is Kuya fuming mad? Lahat ba ng rebelasyon sa buhay ko eh sa ganitong paraan ko malalaman?

"I'm going back to the Philippines and fix all of this. For her." I heard Kit's voice. It was full or resignation and exhaustion.

Bakit siya uuwi? Ano na naman ang problema? Is it my parents? Or his? May problema ba sa kumpanya nila?

"You better be! I won't allow you to get near my sister when someone claims you to be the Father of their unborn child." Kuya shouted again.

What? Sinong buntis? Sinong ama? Si Kit? Ang gulo!

"Buntis daw ba talaga si Maisie, pare?" Tanong ni Patrick.

Maisie? She's pregnant? with whom? with Kit? I dropped Kuya's phone and made a noise, they all looked to the door's direction, I saw Kuya and Patrick's shocked expression and Kit immediately stood up while looking at me with all regret in his eyes. He was on the verge of the tears and so am I.

Tangina. Tama na.