XI - Kit's POV

We just finished practice. Tapos na din ako mag-shower, mejo natagalan ang practice kaya agad kong kinuha yung phone ko and I was about to send Alex a text message.

To: Serene

I'm done. Please get ready. I'll fetch you.

I was about to hit send when someone grabbed my arm and I almost lost grip of my phone.

"Heey.." Maisie greeted me happily. Bakit andito ito?

"Hi Mace. What are you doing here?" I asked her curiously habang nakakunot ako.

"Uhmm. I was actually waiting for you, so you can come with me.. to the party. Tonight." She said with a flirty voice while caressing my arm.

Pinigilan ko yung sarili ko not to roll my eyes dahil sa kakulitan ng babae na ito. "I told you Mace. I'm not free to go anywhere. Maybe some other time." I tried to tell her calmly while getting my arm away from her.

"Oh come on. Don't be such a kill joy babe. Besides, what are you so busy about?" She asked. As if you don't know, eh ilang beses ko ng sinabi sakanya na I gotta look after Alex and Sophie. And I'm also busy with other things. Hindi ko na lang sana siya inaya mag-date kung alam ko na ganito siyang maghahabol.

"I gotta take Alex home. And I've got few things to do for acads." I started walking, but she kept following me.

"Alex? I saw her going home. She was with Jonas." She told me. I looked into her eyes and she doesn't seem lying.

"Jonas? Santos?" I asked her.

"Yes. The one and only. She didn't text you? Oh my." She said while looking around.

Really Alex? Is that how much you want to push me away? Bakit kailangan mo sumama dun? Akala ko pa naman okay na siya sa ganitong set-up?

I checked my phone. There weren't any messages or even a call from her. I deleted the message I typed and created a new one.

To: Serene

I'm going out with Maisie. See you around.

Sent. If she's with Jonas, then let me be with Maisie, let's see who'll get mad. Because I'm fuming right now. Sobrang naiirita ako and I don't know kung paano ko ito ilalabas, and Maisie seems the perfect way to do it. Bahala na.

I was about to ask Maisie a question when I heard Nikko called me.

"Kit, Pare." Then he looked at the girl beside me, "Hey Mace."

"Hi Nikko" She greeted back.

"Where's Alex pare? Oh, and I can't go with you, dadaan pa ko ng library to check some books." He explained.

"Home." Was the only respond I gave him. Then, I looked at Maisie who was patiently waiting with me. "Where'd you say the party is at?"

She smiled playfully and said, "Let's go."

We drove to Natalie's house, a friend of Maisie. The party seems at its peak and it's just 7pm.

"We're here." She giggled excitedly. I smiled at her, chineck ko ulit yung phone ko to see if there were any messages from Alex, pero wala pa din talaga.

There were a lot of people from school that were familiar to me. We immediately grabbed a drink while greeting every people we meet on our way.

I was silently sitting in the bar, while I watch Maisie dance with her friends. I can't stop thinking of Alex and it annoys me so much. It's been 3 hours since we arrived at the party, I kept checking my phone and she haven't even texted or called.

I was about to check my phone for the nth time when Patrick suddenly pat me on the shoulders and he looked exhausted. Oh, andito pala ito? Palibhasa ayaw sumali sa basketball team kaya hindi rin namin alam kung anu ano pinaggagawa niya kapag may  practice kami ni Nikko.

"Pare, andito ka lang pala. Kanina pa kita hinanap." Sabi niya, habang hinihingal pa.

"Bakit? Na-miss mo ko?" I asked him then laughed hard.

"Gago." In a serious tone, he continued. "Sophie called me, wala daw pala kasi siyang number mo. He's asking what time mo iuuwi si Alex." Kalmado niyang sabi. Alex? Hindi ko naman siya kasama.

"What?" I got confused.

"Andito ba si Alex?" He was looking around. "Iuwi na natin pare, nagwawala na si Sophie." Kalmado pa rin siya. So, all along akala nila kasama ko si Alex? Pati si Sophie eh yun ang akala, saan dinala ni Jonas si Alex kung ganon? Gago yun.

"Of course not." I answered him. "Why would I bring her here? And I thought, Jonas brought her home." I confusingly said.

"Huh? Eh kanina ko pa kasama si Jonas, classmate ko siya sa last class ko. Sabay kaming umalis ng school, dumiretso kami dito para tumulong mag-set up. Pinsan niya si Natalie diba?" Mahabang explanation ni Patrick.

"Tangina." I cursed and started dialing Alex's number. Kinabahan ako bigla. Where is she?

The number you dialled is out of coverage area. Please try your call later.

I dialled again, it wasn't even ringing. Tangina talaga. Lagot ako nito kay Sophie. Pati na kay Tita Sasha.

"Asan siya Pare?" Tanong ni Patrick ng mahinahon. Parang pati siya eh gulong-gulo sa nangyayari 

"I don't know. I asked her to wait for me in the library then Maisie told me that Jonas brought her home. I got pissed and went here with Mace." I explained.

"Tangina pare, naniwala ka kay Maisie?" Shock na tanong ni Patrick.

"Yes. And that was stupid." I answered briefly. At napahinga ako ng malalim.

Where should I look for her? Sa tigas ng ulo niya, I doubt she'll stay in school. For sure she left already. And how can she not call Sophie? Fuck. Sino ang kasama niya? Tangina, kinakabahan talaga ako. I don't know where to start looking for her.

Patrick's phone started to ring and the caller ID says,

Sophie calling...

Patrick looked at me and said, "Lagot."