XXIV - Together

It was my first kiss. I can't believe that's how it would feel. Ang dami kong nararamdaman na hindi ko maintindihan. Parang ang dami ko din gustong sabihin pero hindi ko alam kung saan magsisimula. Napatitig na lang ako sakanya habang nakangiti.

He kissed me on the bridge of my nose, my cheeks, my forehead. I feel so loved. He make me feel so loved. Ang sarap ng ganitong pakiramdam.

I started stroking his hair. "Do you want to stay here?" He asked. "Why?" I asked him back.

"Well.." He paused and kiss my chin. Then he sweetly smiled. "I want to bring you home. And tell Tita Sasha." He softly said.

It warmed my heart. God, what have I done to deserve this man? I was staring at his eyes and I can see how determined he is. This is what I've always dreamed of, someone who'll make me feel so important. Someone who's not afraid of taking steps with me. Yung tipong hindi kailangan mag-tago, yung open siya sa lahat ng bagay at handang ipagsigawan sa lahat, that I am the woman he loves.

I was lovingly looking at him. For the nth time, he left me speechless. "Why?" He softly asked and interrupted my thoughts. "I don't know.. Can you get any better?" I asked.

He laughed again softly. Kanina pa ako tinatawanan nitong lalake na ito ah. I hit his shoulder, "Bakit mo ba ko tinatawanan?" Nagtatampo kong tanong. Niyakap niya ko at sinubsob yung ulo niya sa leeg ko. "Because you're too cute." He answered.

Bwisit. Tinatawanan ako dahil cute ako? Eh ako halos pigil hininga dahil sa mga lumalabas sa bibig nya. He's too comfortable with things like this, halatang first time ko. But, this is how I just like it. God has given me too much more than I deserve.

"Do you want to go? We can also call Sophie. I also want her to know." He sweetly said and smiled at me. I just nodded my head. Oo lang ang sagot ko sa lahat ng gusto mo mahal. Gusto kong maramdaman lahat ng emosyon mo. Ipakita mo sa akin kung bakit ikaw ang pinili ng puso ko.

Inalalayan niya akong tumayo at pinagsaklob niya ang mga kamay namin. I saw how his hand fits in mine so perfectly and I love it. We stayed standing as he fished his phone out of his pocket and called someone. He was just looking at me like a hawk. I just smiled.

"Hello.." He greeted to whoever is on the other end. He laughed before he continued, "Calm down Sophie. She's fine." He stopped, maybe listening to whatever Soph maybe nagging about. "Alright. Can you go to Alex's place? We wanna talk. Please." He paused. "Good, see you then. Take care." Call ended.

As he was checking his phone, "Her brother's coming." He casually said.

Nagulat ako. What? Bakit ba ang kulit kulit ni Kuya Mico? Tinitignan ko si Kit, trying to see his reaction. Pero wala akong nakita, "Let's go?" He asked. "Okay", I answered and smiled.

Naglakad na kami palabas ng rooftop, hanggang sa pagsakay ng elevator eh hawak niya ang kamay ko. This feels alien to me, and yet, it makes my heart flutter. Ang sarap pala pag hawak ng taong mahal mo yung kamay mo. It gives you adrenaline of excitement you can't imagine possible. When we reached the car, pinagbuksan niya ako ng pinto and kissed my cheek before letting me in. Kinilig na naman ako.

The car ride was rather quiet. Hindi na ako umimik, I don't want to interrupt his thoughts. But, whenever we stop or slow down, he would kiss the back of my hand.

When we reached my house, I suddenly asked him, "You okay?", he breathed heavily and answered, "Nervous, baby." He smiled a little. "You'll be fine. Ikaw pa. Come on." I assured him. I was about to open the car door when he stopped me. "No baby, wait for me here." I smiled.

He opened the door for me and closed it. He intertwined his hand with mine as we walked to our gate. Napansin ko ang kotse ni Kuya Mico. Nalaman niya siguro na dito ang punta ni Sophie. Hay. We found the gate and the door unlocked so we continued walking in. When we reached the living room, I saw Kuya Mico sitting on a single sofa while Mom and Sophie are on the couch, talking. We caught their attention.

"Good afternoon Ma." I greeted her. "You're here." She stood up and kissed my cheek. She then looked at the man beside me and looked at our intertwined hand. I saw her smile at him. "Hi hijo." She greeted him, "Good afternoon po Tita." I can sense his nervousness.

"Come, sit down." Aya sa amin ni Mama. Sinalubong kami ni Sophie at nagbeso sa amin pareho, while Kuya Mico remained sitting, he wasn't even looking at us. Hinayaan ko na lang. I sat at a single sofa and Kit settled on the arm rest while still holding my hand.

"Well?.." Sophie started. "I believe you're together now? That's why we are here diba?" She asked with a playful smile. I was about to answer when Kit talked.

"Tita.." She looked at Mom. "Sophie.." Then looked at Soph. He then sweetly stared at me and continued, "Yes, we're together." He smiled before he gazed back at them. "I know it was sudden, but, I promise to take care of her. I wanted to court her, but Alex have the mutual feeling.." I bowed. Medyo nahiya ako. "But, I'll court her every single day. I promise to love her, prioritize her, keep her safe, be his driver or anything she wants me to be. I also want to assure you Tita that I'll also be here for you and as well as for Sophie." He finished.

I saw happiness in my Mom's face and Sophie looked at me with a triumphant smile.