XLVI - Breakdown

"Come on, Princess." Kit gently carried me on his arms papunta sa CR. Tahimik pa rin ako as I was trying to get back to myself and take in everything that happened.

Tinayo niya ko sa may pintuan as he made sure everything is set, I saw the bathtub full with water and I can smell my favorite Strawberry bath scent, he also fixed the towel were can I immediately reach for it.

Lumapit siya sakin and held my hand, "Go and wash up, don't stay too long, gabi na, baka lamigin ka masyado." He left a peck on my forehead.

He was about to close the door, "Kit.." He questioningly looked at me and waiting for me to say something.

He smiled and said, "Don't worry, we'll be staying for the night. Call me when your done."

I nodded in response and watch him close the door. I let out a deep breath and started undressing. The warmth of the water felt so relaxing. I lay on the tub trying to take my thoughts away of what happened.

Hindi ko alam kung paano ko haharapin si Liam pagpasok ko sa Monday. I don't know if I should tell Kit, he'll kill him for sure. I felt betrayed, after all this time of trusting him, eto lang ang ibabalik niya sakin.

Then, there's Kit. Who would have thought na maiisipan nilang pumunta dito? At nakasalubong ko pa si Nikko, then now, he's just outside my room.

Halos malublob na ko sa tubig ng magising ako, I fell asleep. Sa tub. I don't know how long pero hindi pa ko kinakatok ni Kit. I got scared. Paano kung umalis sila? Baka bumalik si Liam. Agad akong tumayo at nagbanlaw. I went out and immediately dressed up.

"Serene!" Someone shouted from outside my room. Si Liam yon. Boses niya yon. Bumalik siya? Asan si Kit?

Dahan-dahan akong lumapit sa pintuan, I was about to grab the knob when I heard it being turned to open. I was fucking nervous, as if my chest is going to ripped open because of my heart's loud pounding.

It opened and it was Kit. "Alex.." He studied my face, "Are you okay?"

I burst out crying. Shet, kinabahan ako ng sobra. Kinabig ako ni Kit palapit sakanya para mayakap niya. I was crying so hard, he was giving me butterfly kisses on the top of my head as he was caressing my back, his other hand holds my waist into place.

"Baby.." I cried harder when I heard that. All along, ako pa din ba? What happened to Maisie? And fuck, I miss this, yung andito siya malapit. Yung alam ko na hindi niya ko hahayaan na mapahamak.

"I'm.. I'm so scared." I hugged him tighter. I was afraid to let go, kasi paano kung bigla siyang mawala at anjan si Liam. I don't know what I'll do without him. I can't.

"Shh.. Hey.." Hinarap niya ko sakanya and held my face, he was trying to wipe the tears away. Takot. Yun din ang nakita ko sa mga mata. Hindi ko alam kung saan siya natatakot.

"I.. I heard him call my name. What if he comes back." I said in a broke voice.

"I won't let him get near you again. He's outside. I took your phone and we alerted the security. They caught him still outside the building, he's passes out of drunkenness. I have him brought here while we wait for the police." He explained.

Umiiling ako ng umiiling as I cried harder. I can't believe he's back here. And is he awake and sober? Why was he calling me?

"You don't have to see him baby.. Nikko and Patrick will take care of it. Pat saw you and he'll make a statement. I won't leave." His lips stayed on my forehead as he continued to caress my back.

We heard a loud noise coming from living room. "Stay here.." Kit whispered. "N-no.. no, please."

"Are you sure?" He asked with worry, I nodded. He held my hand tightly, I felt safer.

"Pat, what's happening?" Kit asked.

Nakita ko si Nikko na nasa gitna ni Pat at Liam, there were two policemen trying to get them away from each other. Liam looked at me. I looked down, hindi ko siya kayang tignan.

"Gago to eh. Tayo pa sinisisi pare." Galit na sigaw ni Pat.

"Are you Ms. Reyes?" One officer asked me.

"I am, Good evening officer." I responded with a brief smile.

"So, Ms. Reyes, Mr. Schmidt here has been accused of raping you. And as per his statement, he didn't even touch you. He's your boyfriend and that the intercourse was consensual. Is this true?" The officer asked.

I was taken aback by the lies that he made up, agad ako napatingin sakanya, I saw how his eyes pleaded not for me to tell the truth.

"That's not true.." Kit responded. "I am her fiancee and this man is her office mate who have been trying to hit on her."

Mas nagulat ako doon. How does Kit knew? Napatingin ako sakanya, trying to process all the information from his mouth. Oh my god.

"Ms. Reyes", The officer called my attention.

"Officer, He's not my boyfriend nor was it consensual. He called me asking to stay for a while as he was waiting for one of his friend to pick him up. I agreed without the knowledge of him being drunk. He came in and advanced to me. I tried to stop him but.." I felt a lump in my throat and I can feel the tears starting to roll down my cheeks, "But.. I'm sorry, I can't do this right now."

I felt Kit snaking his arm on my waist as he was trying to hug me.

"If you'll excuse us officer." He said politely.

"Sure. My apologies Ms. Reyes and thank you."

"Pat."

Kit guided me back to the room and tucked me in bed. He was sitting on the side of the bed as I continued crying, I heard him sigh. Then, I felt the other side of the bed move. Naramadaman ko na lang na nakaunan ako sa braso ni Kit, agad akong sumiksik sakanya and I felt him caressing my back and arm.

"I love you." Was the last word I heard before I succumbed to sleep.