XIII - Sick

I woke up not feeling well. Sobrang bigat at sakit ng ulo ko. I also feel so dizzy, and I have a clogged nose. Nilalamig din ako, only to find out na I'm still wearing the same clothes and mejo basa pa ito.

I tried sitting up and suddenly had the urge to lie down again, but I fought for it. I need to get up and at least inform Mom or Sophie.

I tried reaching for my phone, then I turned it on immediately. I was still closing my eyes from time to time trying to calm my head down, because it still freaking hurts.

When my phone opened, I saw I had five messages. One from Mom, one from Kit, one from Soph and two messages were from Patrick.

I quickly opened Mom's message, she might have been worried at for sure, lagot ako.

From: Mom

Sweetheart, I have a business trip and I gotta leave tonight. You can stay at Sophie's until the weekend, I'll have everyone in the house go on vacation. Just call me if you need anything. I love you.

The message was sent last night at 8. I immediately tapped a reply to assure her.

To: Mom

Have you arrived safely Mom? Take care and I love you too.

I saw Kit's message right after sending Mom a reply, but when I remembered that he ditched me last night, I just don't want any of him today. I opened Sophie's message instead.

From: Bes 💕

You at Maisie's? With Kit? Please reply. I'm worried bes.

Napakunot noo ako. What is she talking about? Why would she think I was with them? I then opened Kit's message out of curiosity for what Sophie texted.

From: Kit Anthony

I'm going out with Maisie. See you around.

That was his text. I suddenly felt a pang of pain in my heart. Coming from him, mas masakit pala. Knowing he really was or still is with Maisie got me on the verge of tears. Why did he let me wait if he decided to go with Maisie? Ang daming alam na kailangan kasama namin sya at all times pero iiwan nya ko for that flirty bitch. Atsaka bakit niya sinabi kay Nikko na nakauwi na ko? If he has plans, edi sana sinabihan niya si Nikko na i-uwi ako diba? Why would he left me hanging? At talagang sinabi pa niya kay Sophie na kasama niya ko sa party? What a jerk!

I opened Patrick's message to see what he has to say.

From: Patrick

Alex? Nasaan ka? Are you okay?

From: Patrick

Sophie's freaking out. Gusto mo sunduin kita? Di ko sasabihin kay Kit.

They could've been looking for me, all night. I quickly called Sophie. Naka-ilang ring pa lang eh agad na niyang nasagot ang tawag ko.

"Bes! Where are you? You got me worried sick! Buti wala si Tita. Are you okay? What happened?" She fired all the questions away. And I can hear her worried tone.

"Calm down bes.." I groggily answered. Napapikit din ako sa biglaang pagsakit na naman ng ulo ko.

"You sound so sick. Where are you? Pupuntahan kita." She said worriedly.

"Do you know Veniz Inn? Few blocks away from school?" I asked her.

"Yes, I'll be there in a few minutes." She answered.

"Please, don't tell anyone yet bes." I told her.

"I'm with Pat, and he's driving. If it's Kit you're worried about, I definitely won't tell that jerk. Bahala siyang mamuti ang mata kakahanap sa'yo." She ranted.

I laughed softly and responded, "Thank you bes, see you." With that I ended the call. Bumalik ulit ako sa pagkakahiga while waiting for Soph and Pat.

After about 10 mins, I heard a knock on the door and it immediately opened.

"Bes.." Sophie ran to me and quickly hugged me. "God, ang init mo, sorry I came flying in, I asked for a spare key." She worriedly said. Agad niyang kinapa ang leeg at noo ko.

"It's alright. Can you take me home? I want to change and take a rest." I told her.

"Of course!" She immediately stood up and went to check and fix my things. "What happened to you?" She asked.

"Save the questions later missy, I-uwi na muna natin siya." Patrick turned to me and smiled, "Hi Alex." He then greeted.

"Hi Pat. Thank you for driving Sophie and for being here." I told him.

Before Pat can answer, Sophie was already talking and told me, "Sus. Tara na nga bes, can you stand?" She asked while removing the blanket out of the way.

She was helping me to stand up when I suddenly felt dizzy. Ramdam ko pa din ang sakit ng ulo ko, napaupo ulit ako sa kama.

"Come on, I can carry you." Pat offered at lumapit na sa akin.

"No Pat.." I smiled, "I think I can, wait lang." I continued.

"Tara na Alex.." He ignored what I said and started carrying me, bridal style. Mejo nahilo naman ako, kaya agad akong napakapit sakanya and closed my eyes for a while.

Sophie got my things and opened the door. I clung to Pat and I felt like I wanted to doze off. But before I can close my eyes, I saw someone waiting for us at the lobby.

"Alex.." Kit was intently looking at me. Then he looked at Patrick's arms wrapped around at the me. Patrick was also looking at him while Sophie stood in front of us. Alam kong galit siya kay Kit and she's also wondering why he's here.

What is he doing here? Nasundan niya sila? Bumalik ung kurot sa puso ko when I saw him. I wanted to get so angry. But I saw him wearing the same clothes from yesterday, his eyes looked so tired and there were black circles below them. I wanted to hug him tight and ask him to stay and rest with me.

But I didn't. I won't.