XVIII - Permission

I decided to go home by Sunday afternoon, Mommy called earlier and told me she'll be home by 2PM.

Kuya Mico drove Sophie and I. It was rather a quiet ride on the way home. Maybe because Kuya still feels bad, baka feeling niya napahiya siya ni Sophie sa akin. Which I think is better, because seriously, I don't know how to act in front of him now.

When we arrived, akala ko si Sophie lang ang maghahatid sa akin sa loob, nagulat ako na nauna pa si Kuya Mico dala ang mga gamit ko.

It was Mom who opened the door. "Good afternoon Tita." Kuya Mico greeted and smiled.

"Oh iho.. nakauwi ka na pala." Medyo shock si Mommy.

"Yes tita, kadarating ko lang on the day you left for business." Kuya explained.

"Ikaw lang ang umuwi?" Mama asked. I know where this is going. Of course, Mommy hopes that one day my brother will arrive to visit us. Ever since kinuha ni Daddy si Kuya, hindi na siya nakauwi pa dito sa amin.

"Ma.." I warned her.

She looked at me then smiled, "I was just asking sweetie. I miss your brother too, of course." She paused and looked at Sophie and Kuya Mico.

"Come in, have some snacks." Mommy offered.

"Thank you Tita, but we need to get going. You both need to take a rest." Sophie answered.

"By the way Tita.." Kuya Mico started. "I'm going to ask for your permission if I can fetch Alex every morning for school and to bring her home on afternoons." He finished.

Nagulat ako. Kahit si Mommy at Sophie ay hindi agad nakaimik, nagkatinginan lang kami ni Sophie. I was sending her signals to stop her brother.

"Kuya, I said stop it." Sophie warned.

"Iho.." Mommy uttered, we all looked at her. "I think I already gave that permission to someone else. And as for what's happening right now, we agreed that Alex will be driven to school and at home by our driver while someone watch over her." Mommy smiled.

"Ma, alam niyo po?" I asked her.

"Of course. He talked to me." Mommy answered.

"But tita.. pinabayaan niya si Alex, nagkasakit siya dahil naniwala sa kung anong kwento yung lalaki na yun." Kuya Mico said.

"Sorry iho, but I already given my trust to him." Mommy answered him. "You should be going Sophie, I'm tired from the trip. Mico, give my son my regards. Take care." Then Mom walked in, leaving the three of us.

"Bes, aalis na kami. See you tomorrow." Sophie said.

"Sure bes, Ingat kayo. Sasabay ka ba sa akin?" I asked her.

"No, she won't. I'll fetch you. That's final." Singit ni Kuya Mico and walked out.

"Hay.. sorry for my hard headed brother, I'll talk to him then I'll text you. Okay?" Sophie assured with a smile.

"Sige. Bye na. Love you." Paalam ko kay Sophie.

"Bye bes. Love you too." She waved goodbye.

Pagpasok ko sa bahay, Mommy was sitting on the sofa while reading something from a white folder, she seems to be waiting for me.

"Ma.." I called her attention.

"Alex.." She stood up and faced me, "Do you want to talk about it sweetie?" She asked.

I breathed heavily. I really would like to talk to her about what happened and what I am going through. But, I don't know where to start. Masyado pang magulo na hindi ko pa ma.express.

"Can we do it next time Ma? I'm not ready." I answered.

"Of course. You can talk to me about it whenever you're ready." She then hugged me.

"But can I ask you a question?" I asked her.

"Of course. What is it?"

"Did.. did Kit really asked you for permission? Did he really talked to you?" I asked her again.

She looked at me for a while and smiled before answering.

"Oo naman. How would I know what happened? He called me the morning he found you. I was worried but he assured me everything was fine. He actually fetch me at the airport and gave me full details of his side of the story." Mom explained.

I was speechless. He really went that far? He wasn't afraid to tell Mom. That warmed my heart. It was as if all my negative conclusions and inhibitions melted away.

"Do you trust him Ma?" I asked her when I found my voice.

"I do sweetie. Do you?" Mom asked me straightforward.

I do too Ma.