Build Me Up

Build Me Up (Asher Lars): A Little Too Much Sequel

Asher Lars

A year later...

"Grabe, Pareng Zeus, ang sakit ng likod ko." reklamo ni Asher pagkalabas palang sa council. "Ibang klase."

Zeus shook his head. "That's work, Ash. You'll get the hang of it pretty soon."

Asher smirked at his remark. "Of course. Minamaliit mo ba ang kakayahan ko?"

"Not much. Mas minamaliit ko mga desisyon mo sa buhay."

Asher made a face.

"Well, it's nice to know that you're finally coming back to your wits. I thought you'd rather run around chasing her to the depths of the world than build yourself a life."

"That part of my life... I'm slowly trying to let it go, Pare."

"Sure you do."

Kagaya nang nakagawian tuwing uwian, they would hang around the diner where Seige used to work para mag dinner.

Ezra was already there, chitchatting with Gianna and Aria. Enzo was, of course, sitting next to Athena— much to Zeus' dismay. Flame wasn't around due to sister duties. Seige, too, since she's still in search for other nephelims out there— which is another dismay to Zeus.

"Hey, guys." bati niya sa mga ito.

Nagtaas nang tingin ang mga ito at saglit na bumati bago bumalik sa kani-kanilang ginagawa. Napasimangot agad si Asher as he took the seat next to Ezra.

"Grabe, namansin talaga kayo."

Ezra dramatically rolled her eyes. "Grabe, Ash. You act like you're a kid."

"Have you ordered?" pag-iiba ni Zeus sa usapan. For sure kung pabayaan nila si Asher at Ezra, kung saan na naman mapunta ang usapan.

"We already did, Kuya." Aiane answered.

Asher noticed how Zeus' brows knitted together as he eyed Enzo and Aiane together. He nudged him on his side. "Let them be, Pare. Inggit ka lang kasi wala si Seige."

"Shut up, Asher."

Asher shrugged, laughing.

"Iniinis mo na naman si Kuya Zeus, Kuya?" Aiane asked.

"Sort of. I missed messing with his life." he grinned.

Ezra cleared her throat. "Course you will, you wasted all these years chasing for nothing."

Silence.

Sakto naman na dumating ang order nilang pagkain. But he should know that once Ezra wanted something, she wouldn't let it go that easy. And his cousin wanted that talk with him now.

He was aware of how these guys avoided the topic about Callie and their failed relationship, and he was grateful for them to not push the conversation. He knew that they're curious about it but they were holding it up for his sake.

Zeus slipped the thing about Callie earlier pero dalawa lang naman sila nun, so he guessed that he won't open the conversation back in front of everyone. It's just wasn't Zeus' cup of tea.