Can I Have This Dance?

Maupay nga Patron, Tacloban! Viva, Sr. Sto. Niño! 🎉 at dahil fiesta at walang pasok, here's an update to feast on. Yeyme!

Warning: sabaw na sabaw yung update.

Kbye!

*********

Can I Have This Dance? (Asher & Callie)

Audrina Calista

It's not her party. Neither of her Mom's, or her favorite Sinclaire, Jake Sinclaire. Nope. Not even Riri's. So why was she even there?

Oh, right! Her (slightly) annoying and (super) pushy mother told her so. Even commanded her to attend such a horrible and boring party.

She's not even friends with the celebrant. Not even close!

"Guess who's birthday it is?" she heard her mother enthusiastically (too enthusiastic that she almost puked) asked, waving a small and crafty envelope in hand, two weeks before the said party.

She dramatically rolled her eyes before turning to her mother, sporting a bored, uninterested look on her face. "Gigi,"

"You guessed it right, Cal!" Celeste smiled down at her and sat next to her. "Don't give me that look, Callie. Come on, it's your Uncle Jake's first born's birthday. Try to be cheerful for a day."

"Mom," she warned, "ayoko'ng nagpapaka-plastik sa harap nila, okay? We hate each other, why can't you just accept the fact that we're never going to get along well, just like what you guys wanted?"

Of course, Celeste Patridge- Hemlock wouldn't take that as an answer. "It's not too late for you guys to fix whatever rift there is in between. You're all young, your future stretches out right in front of you. Never lose hope, anak. You'll all come around. Eventually."

"That is a wishful thinking, Mom." Callie said.

"It won't be. You'll see." Celeste winked at her before rising to her feet. "I gotta contact some friends for our dresses, okay?"

She annoyingly pushed a strand of hair away from her face before taking long steps out of the hall.

Ah, fresh air.

She walked around for a minute before finding a peaceful spot. Near the fountain was a wooden bench, perfect for escaping the delusive atmosphere inside. Stuff like this is suffocating. Feeling niya ikakamatay ng mga bisita ang polluted air sa loob ng hall. Parang minsan gusto niya nalang bigyan ng face masks ang mga guests, to save them from air pollution.

She glanced inside for a minute and noticed Saskia La Valse talking to some vampires from the council, which names she doesn't know and would never spare a second to know.

"No wonder madaling numinipis ang ozone layer, masyado nang umaapaw ang plastik sa mundo." she muttered to herself, shaking her head in disbelief before walking towards the wooden bench. As soon as her butt touched the surface, she sighed in relief. "Thank goodness for wooden benches outside!"

She'd rather stay outside, alone with her thoughts rather than mingle with everyone with a forced smile on her lips. Nope, she's good. Thank you very much.

Finally, peace and quiet.

Not.

"Callie?" Zeus's— annoying— voice called. She heard his careful steps. "What are you doing here? Alone?"