ENTRY | Day Five: Tree Decorating

TREE DECORATING

A/N:

Apologies. I was busy the whole day, well, yesterday. And internet connection was still shit as ever since the 5th. I couldn't post the update and I'M SORRY.

I owe you two more updates for the sixth and today's entry. I hope by the eighth entry, I get to post an update on time.

Nahirapan din akong isulat ang entry na'to, in all honesty. 'Di ko alam paanong atake ba gagawin ko. Kung nahirapan ako 'dun sa last one, medj mas mahirap naman 'to. Naka-ilang sulat-bura ako rito.

I just hope this particular one doesn't disappoint. I did what I think was my best into this chap— kahit na lutang na lutang ako. Hope I delivered well, ano?

Happy reading guys~

***********

Of Dancing and Kisses (The Sinclaire's)

Christmas, in its nature, is already festive enough. But for the entirety of the Sinclaires, festive alone was not enough. They always see to it that they always add up elegance, sophistication, grandeur and flare to every occasions, celebrations and holidays there are, especially Christmas and New Year's.

And, although, used to all these, Senri would still choose simplicity, sense, value, worth.

Nowadays, it was too easy for him to find joy in every little thing: from waking up in the morning, to cooking meals for his family everyday, to drinking hot chocolate while cramped up on the carpet in front of the fireplace, to even decorating the manor by themselves.

Hiring someone would just be a hassle for both parties. Besides, it was always one way to put out their creativity into good use.

They were more than willing to decorate the whole house, anyway.

Standing in the middle of the storage room, he contemplated it, trying to remember where he put it. He was sure it was on its right corner, exactly where he left it eleven months ago. He couldn't possibly put it anywhere else, unless, of course, someone put it on the wrong place.

And he just knew exactly who the culprit is.

"Senri!" speaking of the devil, "Hindi naman mabigat 'yung Christmas tree, ah?" his wife called from the ground floor. "Nadaganan ka na ba diyan?"

Naiiling na hinanap niya nalang ang rectangular box na pinaglagyan nila nung Christmas tree.

It has been with them since even before they were married. The Christmas tree was one of the many few things they could actually called as their own. The money bought for the particular tree both came from their first ever salary.

It's very sentimental. Plus, he didn't have the heart to throw it away. It managed to survive until the present time, still as good as new, a little dents and bents here and there, otherwise it's still stable and able enough to hold as much decoration his wife wanted to put into.

Delighted screams echoed through the whole living area the moment he descended from the stairs.

The once organised living space were now almost buried under piles and piles of decorations he could think and name of.

In the middle of the chaos stood his wife, Adrianna, who was busy pulling out more decorations, the stockings in particular, from the box. To his left was Blake, Athena and Zeus, not totally helping with the mess at all, playing with the decorations and throwing it up in the air as if those were confetti.

"What are you guys doing, huh?" bungad niya sa mag-iina niya bago nilapag ang box sa isang tabi.

Sabay-sabay na bumaling ang mga ito sa kanya, and, as if rehearsed, they chorused, "Papa!/Senri!"

Kung makasigaw ang mga ito, akala mo ay nakakita sila ng ginto.

"So," he scooped Blake up into his arms, "where should we start?"

"Christmas Tree!" bibong sigaw ni Blake sa bisig niya.

He chuckled before rubbing his nose with his son's. "Christmas tree it is."

Zeus set-up the music and no sooner than he settled Blake into the couch, the speakers started blaring Christmas songs.

At first, they were peacefully putting balls into the tree. Then Adri would sometimes wrap the tinsel garland around her and pose before wrapping it around the tree itself.

They were almost halfway through decorating their tree when a familiar tune started playing on the speakers, making Adri's ears perked up like that of a pup's.

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring

Blake and Adri were now swaying their hips to the rhythm, face to face and with their hands holding each other. Sumasabay pa sa kanta minsan si Adri kahit na ba pumipiyok-piyok na siya.

Without him knowing, Adri has pulled him with her and was making him dance along with them. Natatawang nagpa-ubaya nalang siya at hinayaan na isayaw-sayaw ng asawa ang katawan niya.

Zeus and Athena, still decorating their Christmas tree, were both laughing almost hysterically at the sight of them dancing to Jingle Bell Rock.

Senri picked a lone glittered poinsettia near his feet before making his way to his wife. He held her by the shoulder softly, cupping one side of her face and tucking in some loose strands of hair behind her ear before gently placing the poinsettia as well.

"To the most marvellous woman," he leaned close to her and touched his forehead and the tip of his nose with hers. "I love you."

A chaste kiss on the lips was Adrianna's answer.

And he was more than okay with that.

Breaking away from their kiss, she pulled him and Blake to where their other children were. Seconds later, he found them circling the still unfinished tree, dancing around it— which kind of reminds him of a game played on a children's party, the ever famous: Trip to Jerusalem.

He felt like he was a kid again. Bringing back memories from his childhood, the good old days.

They somehow managed to finish up decorating the tree— just the tree— garlands, ornaments, balls, poinsettia, Christmas lights and all.

"Something is missing," Adri said, eyeing the tree. "Oh, I think I know!" pumalakpak ito bago mabilis tinuro ang tinutukoy. Nang maiabot ni Athena, Adri handed it over to Blake and asked, "Would you do the honor, our little man?"

Blake excitedly nodded before taking the golden star that would finally complete the task at hand.

As it was too high for Blake to reach, he picked him up and perched him on his shoulders, holding him firmly in place to keep his son from falling over.

Blake slowly and surely put the last piece of decoration on top, as soon as it was done, the whole tree lit up, giving them their first good look at something they've done.

Feeling proud and overwhelmed with their handy work, he pulled Adri by the waist. Stood next to him was Zeus and in front of him was Athena, all of them gawking at the tree in front of them, in awe.

Here's to a thousand years of tree decorating every year, my love.