ENTRY | Day Two: Hot Chocolate

HOT CHOCOLATE

Breakfast and Mallows (The Sinclaire's)

Trudging her way to the kitchen, half-asleep, Adrianna paused as she shivered from the freezing weather outside. With her eyes still half-closed, she pulled the ends of her jacket as far up as it could, hoping it could provide her some warmth.

Senri, who was at the kitchen counter and preparing breakfast, could only chuckle at the sight of his wife: sluggish and shivery.

"Papa, what's Mama doing?" Blake, who was sitting on a high stool and helping him with breakfast, whispered, eyeing his mother, who was still standing in the middle of their kitchen. "Is she.. sleepwalking?"

Senri turned to his son with a silly smile playing on his lips. "Nah.. she just need her morning boost."

"Morning boost?"

"You'll see later." He bopped Blake's nose before carrying him down from the high stool. "Hey, buddy, can you do Papa a favor?"

Blake nodded vehemently, a grin on his face.

"Wake your brother and sister up for me, okay?"

"Okay po, Papa!"

"Thanks, bud." he ruffled his son's hair before patting him behind.

Blake carefully made his way out of the kitchen, tiptoeing as he dashed past his half-conscious mother.

Naiiling na lumapit si Senri sa asawa, malawak ang ngiti sa labi, at dahan-dahang hinapit palapit sa katawan niya.

"Hey, hon, good morning." he whispered and softly blew into her ear, surprising her and earning a quick squeak before she pulled away. "Gising ka na ba talaga?"

Pipikit-pikit na tumango si Adri bago nagkusot ng mga mata. A second later, she has her arms wrapped around Senri's waist, burying her face into his chest and inhaling her favourite lavender scent.

"Ang bango-bango mo talaga."

Natatawanag yumakap pabalik si Senri sa asawa at inamoy pabalik ang tuktok ng buhok nito. "Same goes to you."

Adri hummed in contentment. "What's for breakfast? Kanina pa 'ko may naaamoy na mabango, eh."

"That's just bacon."

"The usual."

"Yes," Senri kissed the top of Adri's head, "the usual."

Tumingala si Adri sa asawa, tumingkayad at humalik nang mabilis sa labi nito.

"Get a room, you guys." Zeus came into view, his tone and face bored. He was still in his pajama pants and a plain white shirt, as if the cold never bothered him at all. "And please, 'wag niyo nang sundan si Blake."

"You're always a killjoy, Kuya." Aiane retorted. "Sabihin mo, bitter ka lang kasi wala si Seige."

Naningkit ang mata ni Zeus sa kapatid bago sinabi, "Hindi kayo lalabas ni Enzo mamaya."

"Kuya!" Aiane exclaimed, nearly dropping a history book she was clutching earlier. Bumaling ang tingin niya sa magulang, asking for help. "Mama, Papa.."

"Let her be, Zeus." Senri winked at Aiane before gesturing for them to the dining table. "Breakfast everyone."

"Hot chocolate!" Adri and Aiane chorused. Nagkatinginan silang mag-ina bago parehong natawa.

Senri looked over at his sons, "You heard them."

Zeus and Blake helped Senri set-up the table, while Adri and Aiane were patiently sitting, waiting for the three to finish.. and mainly waiting for their hot chocolate.

A minute or so when Zeus finally brought over two mugs of still smoking hot chocolate.

"Wait," Aiana called, a frown forming on her face.

"Where are the marshmallows?" Adri supplied, looking curiously at the mugs.

Zeus held his hand up in surrender, "My bad.."

"I got it!" Blake announced as he brought the bag of mallows over to his mom and his sister. "I knew Kuya was going to forget about it."

Ginulo lang ni Zeus ang buhok ng bunso.

What Blake doesn't know is that he purposely does it, most of the time, so Blake could do it on his behalf. It makes him feel real happy whenever he sees his brother's proud smile even at the littlest of task.

Senri patted him on the back, as if saying he's proud of what he did. Zeus nodded before taking his seat on the dining.

Stories and laughters filled the Sinclaire's dining area as their breakfast went along.

Blake then pointed at his mother's face, "You have a smudge po, Mama."

"Saan, anak?" Adri tried wiping it but Blake leaned over and reached for the side of her face, then wiped the chocolate smudge for her. "Thank you, baby." nakangiti at malambing na sabi ni Adri sa anak.

They were all laughing at something that Blake shared from his mini adventure with Lizzy and Casper, when Senri paused.

He lovingly gazed at the sight in front of him.

This.

This was one of his many purpose, if not entirely solely. 

This is the only thing that he wouldn't want to change for the world. Not even after a hundred years.