Goodbye, Love

A/N:

Hey! I've been gone for too long, eh? That last update spiel was obviously a fail. And here I am disappointing you with this update. This is a short one, 1k word count (this note not included!!

Anw! Hope u enjoy, and get your hearts ready for something.. a little heartbreaking.

Don't say I never warned you. 😉

With love,

— PJ 💋

*********

Goodbye, Love (Enzo & Aiane)

Enzo Alexander

If someone was to ask him what was the most painful thing that happened to him, he would tell them this: when you see the girl you love walking down the aisle, towards another groom.

The whole wedding ceremony passed by like a blur. Nothing seemed to registered as the bride and the groom exchanged their I do's, or when the groom was asked to kiss his bride in front of all of the guests— in front of the world.

When he blinked, he found himself inside the reception area. Sitting dumbly, staring at the people dancing in joy. But his eyes zeroed in on the newly weds, dancing slowly— as if they're wrapped in their own, little bubble— holding each other so close.

He swallowed a bitter lump on his throat. He snatched a champagne glass from one of the waiters, before walking out of the reception.

The music, the murmurs, the decors.. everyone, everything was suffocating him. Taunting him. Mocking him.

He drew in a heavy breath, sighing deeply.

He felt like he just lost everything, which was somehow true. He lost the one person who made his life seemed.. normal, the person who brought light into his darkened life.

He shut the noises around him.

He was tired of the taunting and the mocking and the conversation.. and the whole nine yards.

He just wanted to be alone.

If only he could say no to this invitation, he'd probably be inside his room sulking over the whole thing. But he couldn't say no to the bride.

He just wished he could dodge the looks those guests were throwing his way, medyo nakakainsulto lang kasi.

Yea, he was such a mess. So what?

He was so caught up with his unhealthy thoughts that he failed to notice a familiar presence standing behind him. Had it not been for her clearing her throat, he still would've been in his deep thoughts.

He blinked before he turned his torso to her. She's still the same, she still brought him enough sunshine to his dark world.

"Uh, hi." she greeted in a whisper.

Great Goddess! She was a beauty to behold!

She looked dazzling in her white gown, with her wavy hair down.. she looked like... someone else's bride. And wife.

Fuck!

"H-hey," he stammered. "Why are you here?"

"Um.. I noticed you weren't inside so.." she trailed, shifting on her heels uncomfortably.

Since when did they become so awkward?

He pressed his lips tight before commenting, "Nice reception, by the way. And oh, congratulations on the wedding."