ENTRY | Day Fifteen: Hates Cold

HATES COLD

Cuddle Weather (The Heath Sibs)

"Ezra." saway ni Enzo sa kakambal niya. Kanina pa kasi ito makulit sa tabi niya, pa-ikot-ikot na akala mo ay kiti-kiti. "Stop moving around."

"Don't mind me."

"How can I not?" he calmly told her. "Lumulubog ako sa bawat ikot mo sa tabi ko."

Ezra stopped to glare at him. "Edi umalis ka diyan!"

"This is my bedroom."

Mas lalong umirap ang kakambal sa kanya, sinipa pa ang binti niya bago naglilikot ulit. To his (mild) irritation, Ezra pulled his blanket off of him on purpose, wrapping herself with it, leaving him for the winter weather to strike him with frost. His twin sister knew how much he detest the cold.

He couldn't stand being chilly.

The last time he allowed himself to go out with that kind of weather, he went with Aiane to tour around the city. He made a promise to her back before they went flying to the other side of the world, that they were going to see the whole city once they settled down. He wasn't the one to break his promise to Aiane. Not to her.

Lucky for him, the temperature didn't drop down negative zero, or he would've been literally frozen and forever regret going out during the winter season.

He pulled the blanket away from his twin, catching her bu surprise. "I need this, Ezra."

"And I need it, too!"

Naghatakan na silang dalawa sa kumot, wala'ng may gustong magbigay, magpaubaya. Under normal circumstances— because winter is never normal for him— he would've let this stuff go, this was his twin sister; he would definitely give her everything she asks for, as long as it's within his capacity.

But today, he'd have to apologize because there was no way he would let his blanket go. Not with this kind of weather, no.

He suddenly pulled the blanket too forcefully from Ezra that when she decided to finally let it go, she fell down on her butt, creating a small thud that would surely reach their Mom's earshot.

"Ow!" hinimas nito ang balakang. "That hurt!"

"I'm sorry," he crawled his way to her and offered his hand, na tinampal lang ng kakambal. "You weren't letting go, you know how much I hate winter."

"You could've at least held me."

"I didn't—"

The door burst open, their mother came into view, worry etched on her beautiful face. "What happened?"

"I fell on the floor." sumbong ni Ezra na nasa lapag pa rin, hinihimas ang balakang. "His fault."

"It wasn't, Mom."

Gulat na napatingin ang Ina sa kanya. Kahit si Ezra ay binalingan siya ng tingin.

He sighed.

Of course they would be surprised, it wasn't like him to argue or deny any of his sister's accusations. It was the first time.

My brain must have gotten frostbites.

"She purposefully took my blanket away."

"Ezra?" their mother's tone sounded reprimanding. "Is this true?"

"Of course not!"

"Stop denying it."

"Hindi ikaw ang tinatanong!"

"Sagutin mo kasi 'yung tanong."

"Sumasagot nama—"

"Stop!" Carly cut in. "Can you two just please settle it down? Like the adults that you both are? I'm trying to finish a work here, okay?"

"We're sorry," magkasabay pa nilang sabi.

"I'm gonna go back to work. I don't want to see you still arguing when I come back to check."

"Yes, Mom." they chorused.

"Good."

Pagkasara ng pinto, agad na tinuro siya ni Ezra. "Ikaw kasi, eh."

"Bakit ako?"

"Pinagdadamutan mo'ko ng kumot."

He expelled a heavy sigh. "May sarili kang kumot, Ez."

"Gusto ko 'tong sa'yo, eh!"

"Let's trade our blankets, then."

Tumayo si Ezra mula sa lapag at tumabi ulit sa kanya, nagsusumiksik na naman. "Eh, ayoko! Gusto ko rin 'yun."

"Ang gulo-gulo mo naman kausap." binigyan niya ng share sa kumot ang kapatid. "Let's share. And please, no taking the whole stuff away."

"Okay."

Just as he was falling back to sleep, he felt his blanket moving away from him. Again. Tamad na dumilat siya at nakitang naghu-hoard na naman ang kakambal sa kumot niya.

He lazily get up from his bed and went for the door. Hahayaan na muna niya ang kakambal sa kwarto, total ay gusto naman nito ang kumot niya kahit may sarili itong kumot.

Wrapping his arms around himself, rubbing his arm, he trudged over to Liz's room. He knocked but there's no answer, so he welcomed himself inside.

Natutulog pa pala ang bunsong kapatid.

He carefully lay beside his sister, making sure he wouldn't disrupt her sleep.

Saglit niyang tiningnan si Liz. He tucked a stray hair into her ear and kissed her forehead before settling himself down beside her.

Not long before Enzo has fallen asleep did Ezra followed him suit, laying down beside Lizzy, opposite of Enzo. She briefly kissed her sister's forehead, too, before falling back to sleep again.

When Carly checked and found no one inside Enzo's room, she went to see Lizzy only to found the three cuddled together in Lizzy's small bed.

Nangingiti at maingat na isinara ni Carly ang pinto, nagulat pa siyang makita si Mason na nasa labas ng pinto ng bunso nila. Nakangiting parang tanga.

"What?"

"You all look lovely."

"Why, thank you, kind Sir." she kissed him on the cheek quickly before tugging at his arm. "Come on, let's not disturb our children."

Ngumisi naman ang asawa sa kanya, "Good. No one to disturb our babe-time either. Sakto, malamig ngayon, Carls. Baka pwede naman?" he joked.

Namumulang pinalo ni Carly ang braso ng asawa, "Nakatatlo ka na rin, Heath. Magtigil."