ENTRY | Day Sixteen: Work [Or School] Party

WORK [OR SCHOOL] PARTY

Because We're Best Friends (Asher & Flame)

Sinclaire Academy wouldn't be complete without parties, may it be: acquaintance, social night, victory ball, prom, last hurrah.. you name it, Sinclaire Academy has it.

And so, when they announced that there would be a Christmas party hosted by the Asher Lars and the half-bloods, it was both a news and was not.

"You just wanted to get away from Casper," Flame declared, her eyes focused on the stage where Enzo, Ezra and Zeus were in the middle of an argument. "He'll arrive tonight, right?"

"I don't know what you're saying, Flamey."

"I'm sure you do."

Bumuga ng hangin si Asher at marahas na lumingon sa kaibigan. "Are we okay? Do you have any problem with me?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Kanina mo pa kasi ako ginigisa." Asher let out a huff. "So I assumed that I must have made something to make you mad."

"You're ridiculous."

"Hey," angal nito agad, "in my defense, I just didn't want to upset my date tonight, let alone my favourite red head."

Flame rolled her eyes, already used to her best friend's antics and sweet, flowery words that never fails to make every girls swoon. "I'm the only red head you know, Woodsen."

"Touché." Asher shrugged, draping an arm around Flame's shoulder and messing her hair. "Which makes you my most favourite one."

Siniko siya ng kaibigan sa may tiyan niya, eliciting a soft umph from him. "Let's get this done, mukhang magwawala na si Ezra sa may stage."

Agad bumaling ang tingin niya sa tinutukoy ng best friend. Nanlaki ang mata niya sa nakitang reaksyon ng pinsan, something that all of them would definitely recognised on sight. "Shit."

"Yea." Flame agreed. "Shit indeed."

Like the gentleman that he was, Asher picked Flame from her dorm room.

The moment the door swung opened, his jaw almost dropped at the sight of his best friend standing in front of him wearing a simple red cocktail dress, paired with an ankle boots and a santa-hat for her hairdress. She looked stunning and elegant without trying real hard to be one, she carried the dress so confidently, it suited her perfectly.

"How do I look?"

Asher couldn't find the words to answer. For the first time since he started learning how to use words to woo every woman he wanted to hook up with, he's lost for words, he's got tongue tied.

He could hear Ezra's mocking, "cat got your tongue?" in his head, it was rather irritating him.

He must've been staring far too long that Flame has to snap her fingers in front of him. He blinked, suddenly embarrassed at how obvious he was at staring.

"Well?"

Right.

His best friend was waiting for his answer.

"You look pretty, red head. As always."

Flame heaved a sigh of relief. "Great.. because I don't wanna go inside and change." hinatak siya nito sa braso, hindi naman na siya umangal. "Come on, we can't be late!"