Chapter 27: Don't Think Of Me

*Bill's POV*

"You want to go out tonight? Where?" I asked. "Anywhere." Tom said. "But what about Caitlyn and Jessica?" "Boys night out. Girls night in." Ah, I see. This is supposed to help me and Tom to recover the bond. "The beach?" The beach sounds relaxing to me. "Sure, let's go!" I walked over to the closet to get my swim trunks, a towel, and some sun block. When I put those in a bag, I walked over to Catey's room. "Baby, we're going to the beach. Is there anything you or Jessica need while I'm out?" I asked. "No, but thanks for asking anyway." "Okay then. Guten tag, liebe. Ich liebe dich." "Guten tag. Ich liebe dich, auch." "Bill, come on!" screamed Tom, impatiently, from downstairs. So, I went downstairs and followed Tom out the door, into the car, and we were on our way to the west coast.

*Catey's POV*

I was about to go tell Jesse that the boys were gone when I got a call from my guardian. "Honey, please come home. Your dad misses you, you grandma misses you, I miss you, everybody misses you. Please, baby, come home." she said. I had to ask one thing, though. "Does Mom miss me? Don't lie." "Caitlyn, I doubt that she even cares if you ever come back." "That's what I thought. How's Dad?" "He scares us. He left without warning and didn't call back for hours. Then we got a call from the preacher at church saying that your daddy said he had lost you forever and to preach at his funeral if they find him. So, after we looked for him to no avail, he came back home and committed himself into a behavioral unit at the local hospital. He tried to flip his truck and kill himself." "I need to get home. I'll see you tonight or tomorrow." I went to Jesse's room, but she was asleep, so I wrote a note to post on the refrigerator.

"Jessica, you have been an amazing friend to me and I can't thank you enough for that. Tom, you're a really cool guy and I hope we can all hang out again somebody. Billa, I'm sorry. I love you very much and I'm not trying to hurt you, but I have to go back to North Carolina. My family needs me there. But we're going to have to end us so a long distance relationship won't drive us insane. I'm so, so, so, sorry everybody. I hope that one day you can all forgive me for this. Love, Catey."

I hung it on the fridge with a magnet, packed my bags with everything I owned, and left.