chapter 16 Approval

...My POV...

I wonder where my brother, Hunter, was.

I showed them the way to a small place called Johnathan Valley and entered a rather large trailer park where my dad lived. "We're not going in." I said. Bill looked at me sort of weird. "Why?" "You wouldn't want to. Trust me, you wouldn't." He put his hands up in the air in an "I surrender" style. "Okay." I walked up the ramp and knocked on the door. Surprise! He answered! Surprise again! He's decent! "Hey, Dad, come on out here. You're decent. Happy Valentines Day, Daddy!" "Happy Valentine's Day, Scoot!" I brought him down the ramp and made everyone get out of the car and introduced him to them all. "It's nice to meet you, sir." Bill said as he shook Dad's hand. "It's nice to meet you, too. What kind of accent do you have there, Son?" "I'm from Germany." Dad got into story mode about when he went in the National Guard and went to Italy and about the German person calling at the restaurant. At least he made them laugh. "Italy's a very nice place, Sir." Dad chuckled a little. "Yeah. Too bad that was nearly twenty years ago. How old are you, Son? Seventeen?" Oh, God. Is he going to flip? "I'm twenty one, Sir." Dad looked at me. "Caitlyn, you're good at Math. What's the age difference?" "Six." "Wow. Well, whatever makes you happy." Wow. "Thank you, sir." said Bill. He was being very polite. "Thanks, Dad. We better be heading back to Nanny's. Bye, Dad. I love you." "Bye, Scoot. I love you, too."

In ten minutes, we were back at Nanny's house. "Nanny, I have some friends I want you to meet." Everyone was in the living room. "Before you do, can I show you something in your room? Excuse us, it'll only take a minute." We walked to my room and she said, "Is that the band you like so well?" and I answered, "Yeah." "You're dating that black headed thing, aren't you?" "Yes, I'm dating Bill." She looked disgusted with me. "I hope you know I don't approve." "I sort of figured you wouldn't." She looked evil. "I want him out of my house!" "No problem, but I'm going with him."