Chapter 24: Running In Circles

"I was expecting to see Tom here, but, instead, it was some girl who was desperate enough to agree with Tom with a blind hook up." said Bill. He sat me down to tell me this so we would calm down and get out of the rain. "Why did he set this whole thing up, then?" I asked. "I don't know. It's not like there's much for him to say. Jessica's the same age as you. I don't know what's up with him." "Well, since the rain stopped, maybe we should walk home." He nodded and stood up, following me out of the restaurant.

As soon as I walked through the door, I saw Tom. He looked at me, put his head down, and walked off into the kitchen. He must be regretting his little stunt. I walked into my room and sat down on my bed. All of a sudden, Jessica walked in and it was then that I knew she had to know about what Tom had tried to do to me and Bill. "Jessica, I need to tell you something." Worry swept over her face as she sat down next to me. "What's going on?" "Tom and Bill have been arguing the past couple of days or so about the relationship between me and Bill." Jessica acted like she didn't know what I was trying to say just yet. "The problem he claims to have in the relationship is the age difference." "But that doesn't make sense. The age difference is the same between me and him as it is for you and Bill." I looked down at the floor and said, "I know. Either there's something about me he doesn't want people to know he has a problem about or he's just ... I don't even know."

*Bill's P.O.V*

I walked into the kitchen to find Tom sitting at the table. "Tom, let's make a deal. We sit down and rationally discuss this problem like responsible young men as well as true twin siblings. Now, you have called to my attention as well as Catey's that you do not approve of our relationship whatsoever. However, what I don't fully understand is why you have a problem with that. Now, you see, Catey and I have the same age difference between us as you and Jessica do. Are you contradicting yourself, making a fully hypocritical move, or are you planning something? Better yet, is there something you need to tell me?" "Bill, I'm worried about you." said Tom.