chapter 20 The Unbearable Silent Treatment

"Hey." he said back. "I'd ask you about yourself, but Caitlyn beat you to it before you even knew her." "Ali!" I was so red and shes tarted laughing. "Sorry, Caitlyn. I had to." "Of course you did." "Fresh meat!" It was Nik. He always picks on me because when we became friends, I was a freshman and he was a juniour. "Fresh meat?" Tom repeated. "Isn't 19 a little old to be a freshman?" Bill and I started laughing. "You're not 19? When were you going to tell me?" "Obviously, we didn't have to." Bill said. "You knew, too?" "I love you!" Bill said. "Sure you do." Tom said and they started smiling. "Seriously, how old are you, though." he asked. "I don't know. How old do I looked." I teased. Tom was getting very aggravated by now. "Well, I thought you were 19, but that's obviously not right anymore now, is it?" Bill started lauging then. "Tom, calm down. She's 15." "ONLY 15??!!" He was shocked! I never imagined that he'd react like that. "I'm turning 16 next month, excuse me." Tom laughed at me. "Not  20. 16." I added in, teasing Tom a little bit more. "Ha ha. Very, truly funny." Tom said. "Killjoy." Bill replied.

Everyone was doing their own thing. Tom and Jessica were in the kitchen smiling, laughing, and talking. Donna and Gustav were watching Criminal Minds on tv. Georg, Nik, and all of them were hanging outside at the pool. Bill and I were walking through the hallways toward the lobby so they could take a drive to nowhere.

Bill was silent the whole way, while texting on his phone. I felt really awkward. He wasn't even holding my hand. We stepped into the car with no words spoken. When we drove off, all you could here was the engine and Framing Hanley's song, Built For Sin on the radio. I changed the station and it had on That Day by none other than Tokio Hotel.

"Caitlyn, are you ready to go back to Los Angeles?" Bill asked. "Yeah, I'm more than ready. Are you?" "Yeah." I felt like something was wrong with him. "Let's get everything together, then." So, we went to the hotel, gathered everything and everyone, and said goodbye to my friends. On th way to the airport, Bill, Tom, and I were completely silent, and I had no idea why. I didn't know if it was my fault or if I was just being paranoid, but Bill wouldn't even glance in my direction much less look at me on the way there. These things were really starting to bother me; and I couldn't stand it.