chapter 3 breathless pedicures

We, not including Tom, were in a nice room trying to figure out what to do first. "Give me a manicure first." I sai. He picked up my hand and gasped. "Wow, your hands are so soft and your nails aren't chipped at all. Have you even ever bit your nails?" My eyes were a little big because I didn't think my hands were a big deal. "Nope. I think it's a weird habit I've never had before." He kept looking at my hands. "It looks like you're telling the truth. What colors?" I thought for a moment and decided to make it fun for him. "Surprise me." He started clapping his hands. When hecame back from his dresser, I noticed he had black and white. After he was done and the polish dried, he asked, "Should I do your toes?" "God, no. I would hate for anybody to see my feet." Bill looked down at his feet. "I feel the same way. PLEASE??? I'll let you see my feet if you let me give you a pedicure." That was the weirdest dea ever. "Fine. I'm warning you. My shoe is size 11." He  couldn't give me a pedicure even if we were both fine with it. He started taking the nail polish off that was already on my toes and I started lauging myself to death. "I think I found a tickle spot." He could barely talk because he was laughing so hard. I couldn't even breathe. I ended up falling back on the bed. His face was so red from laughing." Maybe we shouldn't give you a pedicure." "That's the smartest thing I've heard all day." We finally stopped laughing and we decided to do my make up. e looked in my eyes and I felt froze to the spot. "Your eyes are so gorgeous." I smiled. "Have you looked in the mirror lately? I could melt in your eyes." He started laughing and looked down at the floor and looked back. We didn't dare break the silence. He looked at me for the longest time before he placed my head in his hands and kissed me; nice and soft. Short, too. When I saw his face, he looked so serious. "Bill," I said. I didn't know what to say to that. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I got so carried away and your eyes are so pretty, I couldn't help help it and you probably hate me right now." He would not shut up. "Bill, I don't hate you. It was just unexpected. There's no need to apologize." He looked back at me and he looked so confused. "What?" I kissed him back. I never thought I would ever do that. Just then, Jessica walked through the door and saw my toes halfway done. "Pedicure? Good luck. She's ticklish everywhere." I smiled at her, not sure of what just happened. "Hey, Jessica. We sort of figured out about the feet." She giggled. "So, this is Bill. Dude, she talks about you all the time." "Well, thank you. But, Caitlyn, you lied to me. You said your feet were ticklish. You didn't say anything about everywhere." I was still shocked but couldn't help but saying "Oh God." He started tickling me and I nearly died. Jessica was ready to die, too. Once he finally decided to stop, I fell off the bed, still laughing. Tom came in then with the weirdest look on his face. "What's going on in here? Why is she on the floor? Bill! Oh, wait, who's that?" He was looking at Jessica. Oh, no. "I'm Jessica." She had a silly smile on her face that I never seen before. "Want to talk?" she asked. Oh my God, sh'es so stupid! "Yeah!" As they walked out, he put an arm around her neck. "Maybe we should talk." said Bill. "Yeah, I think that would calm me down a little. So, what are we going to do?" "What do you mean?" I was sort of afraid to ask. "Should we act like it was an accidental kiss or what?" "I don't know. Let's see how it goes the next few days." The next few days? He still wants me around! It wasn't weird. "Thanks." and I pulled him in for a hug. While my face was buried in his shoulder, he gave me a little peck on the forehead. I see where this is going to go. We would never forget about each other. We walked to the living room as we exchanged numbers. "Caitlyn, it's getting late. We should head back home." said Jessica. "Okay. Bill, I'll see you later." "Okay. Bye bye, Catey." I looked at him weird as I smiled, but I left quickly because I knew if I didn't leave now, it would take me forever to leave.

"So, Catey, how'd it go with you and Bill?" asked Jessica. She seemed pretty happy. "Um, well, you know, he painted my nails." Jessica looked at me with disbelief. "Just that?" "Yeah. We were going to do my make up and straighten my hair and watch the Twilight Saga, but ... yeah." Jessica started smiling. "I know what but ... yeah means. Something happened! What happened?" I might as well tell her now. "We looked into eachother's eyes, he kissed me, apologized, then I kissed him back, then you walked through the door. So, what about you and Tom?" "Nothing, really, he just showed me his collection of hats." I felt relieved. "So, I don't have to worry about him?" Jessica laughed a little. "Not at all. He's really sweet, actually. He's not what publicity makes him. He didn't even try anything. But I blame you." I had no idea what she was talking about. "Why?" "I blame you for fun!" Great, because I have no idea how to take on tonight.

Tp me you'll be forever sacred. I'm dying but I kn- "Hey, Jessica Bill just texted me." -Hey, Catey, what are you doing?- -NOTHING JUST TALKING TO JESSICA.- -Do you and Jessica have any plans for tomorrow?- "Jessica, are you doing anything tomorrow?" "No, why?" "I don't know yet."