chapter 21 Calm Down

On the plane, I sat with Bill. We're crossing the country here, so maybe I can get an explanation. I looked up at him and smiled. He faked a smile back. "Bill, are you alright?" "Of course." He was lying; I could tell. That was not reassuring whatsoever. He placed his headphones over his ears and muted the world. I looked out the window. This is really getting to me.

Out of the corner of my eye. I saw Bill open his phone. He slammed it shut like he was mad at te world and turned to Tom behind him. "Tom, why can't you just shut up?! You're ruining everything for me!" Oh, he was pissed. "Because it's not right." I felt a pain when he said that and I knew he was talking about me being with Bill. "Well, I don't care what you think is right. I'm happy and she's happy. Why don't you understsand that?" "I understand that completely, but it's just not right!" Both of their faces were red. "You're the one to talk, Mr. One Night Stands!" barked Bill. "What did you just say to me?" "You know what, Tom? Fuck you!" And with that, they finally shut up.

"Bill," I said. "Catey, before you say anything, I need to explain something to you. Tom doesn't like us together anymore because of the age difference. And I'm sorry about his behavior and that you had to see and hear all that. But I love you regardless what anyone else thinks and I am not about to lose you. I need you." I sat there, paralyzed by everything. I noticed he was crying, so I wiped away his tears, kissed him, and said, "Don't worry. I love you, too."

It was night and I was exhausted both mentally and physically. Of course, so were Bill and Tom. I fell asleep on Bill's shoulder and he held me close.

It was dark; I felt trapped. I could hear Bill's voice fading farther and farther away. It was hot, and I realzed the plane was crashing. It was on fire! There was debris everywhere and Bill and the others were nowhere in sight. Seconds later, the plane finally crashed into land. I can't believe I'm alive. I looked around for Bill for what felt like hours. I saw his hand and cried, afraid of what I might find underneath the rubble. I picked up a piece and before it could reveal his face, I shot up. It was light; I felt paranormal. I looked around and Bill was asleep right next to me. Thank god it was just a dream.

"Catey, calm down." said Bill, his eyes filled with worry. I was shaking and crying and I didn't even notice until he got my attention. "It was just a bad dream." he assured me. "The fire and the crash and your hand! It was too-too-it was too-no." I feel like I'm still sleeping. He brought me close to him and hugged me. "shh, it's alright. Everything's just fine." I played with his hand in mine while my tears ran dry. "By the way, Tom and I made up while you were sleeping. We apologized to eachother for our use of words and he wanted me to tell you that he's really sorry." "It's okay." I was too tired to say much so that was all I could do. I'm glad they got over it, though. Maybe there's no more to worry about. Hopefully.