Chapter 23: Would You Like Fries With That?

*Bill's POV*

I was at McDonald's where Tom had previously told me to meet him, but he was nowhere in sight, so I texted him like he told me to do if I got there before him and he told me to sit at table 5. I had only been sitting there for a couple of minutes when a petite brunette chick who looked like she was in her 20's walked up to me and held her hand out for me to shake.

"Hey, Bill! Tom has told me so much about you. I can't wait to get to know you better." I was completely shocked. I stood up and said, "Wait, what?" She just put on her Barbie doll smile and said, "Yeah, I'm Lisa; your date! I'm so happy you agreed to this." I took hold of her shoulders gently and said, "Listen, Lisa. It is Lisa, right?" She nodded. "I have no idea what was going on."

*Catey's POV*

I felt really nervous for some odd reason, so I decided to walk downtown to ease the stress. I hadn't been walking for too long when it started to rain. I saw McDonald's and remembered Bill and Tom were there. Tom was walking into the restaurant. I had to walk past it, so I decided to take a look and see how it was going. When I got to the window, I could see Bill. And some chick. Who is she?

Bill's hands were on her shoulders. What the hell?! I just stood there dumbfounded and froze to the spot watching her smile and giggle. She pecked him on the cheek and walked away. When he turned around, he saw me. His eyes grew huge. The first thing that came to mind was to run, but I couldn't find it in me, so I just sat on the cold, rusty bench drenched from the rain and cried.

*Bill's POV*

Oh, God. What the hell has just happened? She's crying!! I ran out there to try to fix things, leaving Lisa and Tom to chat amongst themselves. "Catey, I swear on my life that it's not what it looks like!" She stood up and looked at me in disgust with tears streaming down her face. "Oh, yeah? Then who the hell is that slut in there, Bill? What's going on?! Did Tom finally get to you?" She was pissed. "Just let me explain!"