Chapter 24: Meeting His Family...

"I think that I'm going to have a panic attack." I said as I clutched Cody's hand even tighter as we stood at the back of the car.

Cody chuckled a little before letting go of my hand and moving so that he was holding me tightly in his arms. "Just breath, baby. Everything's going to be perfectly fine."

"But Cody, what if they don't like me?" I asked quickly.

"Angel, they'll love you. Why are you so worried about this?" He chuckled as he kissed my forehead before letting me go.

"Because Cody, this is your family. We're supposed to be getting married and if they don't like me, then that means were going to have a weird family relationship and they will just-"

But I was shut up when Cody pressed his lips to mine. "Stop worrying so much, angel. Everything's going to be fine. They'll love you, I know it."

I took a deep breath before taking his hand in mine. Cody and I walked towards his parents' front door where he knocked on it gently before looking down at me with a reassuring smile. It wasn't long until someone answered the door and my eyes locked onto the beautiful women standing in front of me.

"My baby's home!" She cheered and hugged Cody tightly, causing him to let go of my hand.

Cody just laughed and hugged her back. "Hey mum."

"And you must be Aurora! What a beautiful name!" She smiled at me.

"It's nice to finally meet you." I smiled back.

"Come inside! Everyone's waiting to meet you." She grabed my wrist and pulled me inside with Cody trailing behind us.

Alli was absolutely beautiful and the sweetest persom I have ever met, Tom was adorable and Brad and Angie were literally the parents that I had never had. We were all getting ready to sit down for lunch, Cody and his parents kinda dissapeared as me, Alli and Tom sat down around the table. Cody and I were staying the weekened here with his family and so far, things were going pretty good.

"So Arora," Alli started and my eyes snapped to hers. "How did you and Cody meet?"

I swollowed deeply for a moment before answering. "We met at this cafe' that my adopted mother owns."

She nodded her head slightly and I looked behind her as Cody and his parents suddenly made an apperence. He walked over to the empty seat next to me with a huge smile on his face. His eyes met mine and he winked before placing his hand onto my thigh. I took his in mine and smiled a little to myself as my eyes locked with our tangled hands. He gave mine a small squezze, causing me to look up at him.

"I told them about the engadgement." He smiled widelty.

My eyes widend slightly and I looked away from him and towards his family were all having a conversation with each other. "Are they okay with it?"

Cody's smile grew even more. "They are so unbelievably happy that you're the girl I'm spending the rest of my life with."

For the rest of the night, Cody's family all talked to the two of us about how happy and excited they were about us getting married. Sure, they were a little upset about not meeting me until the time that we got engadged but in all honesty, who wouldn't be upset about that? Once everything was cleaned up, we all headed to bed. Right now, Cody was taking a shower and I was sitting on the counter in the bathroom. We weren't talking or anything and to most people, this would be kinda weird. But for Cody and I, it was completely normal. I loved knowing that we could just sit in a room together, not speak a single word and still be completely comfortable with each other.