Chapter 20: Different Ways.

"You make sure to come and visit me more then once a year!" Aylissa said into my ear as she hugged me tightly. 

    We were standing in the middle of the Cafe', saying goodbye to everyone and Cody was waiting in the car for me. It was time for us to leave and for me to head back to school. Cody was going to take me back to my collage since Max had left a few days before, saying that I would need to take a bus or something back because he was leaving early. I was hurt of course, I at least thought that we could have been friends even after all of the things that we had went through. 

    But that clearly wasn't going to happen. I had a feeling that once I returned, it would be weird whenever we hung around our normal group of friends and everyone would have a million questions about who I was now engadged to and how everything happened in the short 2 weeks that we had been gone. Surely everyone had heard about everything that had happened from Max but I wasn't going to let anything phase me. When I returned, I would just foccus on my studies.

"I will," I replied while pulling away. "And I promise to call more." 

"Good. Now, you better get going so you don't hit any traffic." She said, whipping her cheeks and giving me a small smile. 

    I said goodbye to everyone, getting a few more huggs, a few kisses on the cheeks and even a milkshake from Joe as a goodbye. I giggled and a wide smile was on my face as I walked outside and to Cody's car. Once I hopped into the passenger side and buckled myself in, I watched out the window while sipping on my milkshake as Cody drove past buildings and parks that I had known my whole life and haven't been to in nearly 2 years. 

    I put my milkshake down into the cup holder before resting my hands in my lap. My eyes wondered down to my left hand and were hooked onto the ring that was around my fourth finger. A lot did happen in the past two weeks and none of it was expected. I thought Max and I would come back, have a lot of fun down memorie lane and then go back to uni. But instead, we broke up, I got back together with Cody and now we were engadged. 

    My right hands fumbled with the ring a few times, turning it around and around on my finger before I stopped, feeling Cody's eyes on me. When I looked up, I could see that he was looking at me from the corner of his eye while also foccusing on the rhode. It looked like he was in deep consintration about something and I couldn't figure out what it was. Was he regretting giving me the ring? Did he think that it was to early? Was he thinking that he didn't want to be with me in any way?

"What are you thinking?" I whispered into the silence of the car. 

    I sat criss-cross, thinking that I was glade I chose to wear what I had today. I was wearing pure white short shorts and a loose fitting tanktop that had all kinds of desighns all around it. My hair was in it's normal loose ringlets and fell down to my hips. Cody was wearing a singlet that had a beach-boy vibe to it, shorts and his flip flops. His hair was in it's normal waves going up. The corner of his lips twitched up slightly before they fell into a frown.

"About everything." He said softly. "Me, you, us."

"Are you having second thoughts?" I questioned with slight fear in my voice. I hoped that Cody didn't hear it but I'm sure he did because when he stopped at a red light behind a bunch of other cars, he turned his head to look me in the eyes, his eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"Angel don't even think like that. If I wasn't ready to get married and settle down, then I never would have proposed to you. I love you with all my heart and with every inch of my body. When I look at you, I see nothing but pure future. I see happiness, love and absolute beauty. I see me and you and a little girl running around a beautiful house by the lake, just like we always talked about. I love you. I don't think I could ever say thoughs three words enough because of the simple fact, they don't hold enough love or happiness that I do for you. Please, angel don't ever feel like I don't want to marry you, okay?" He said and I had tears in my eyes.