Chapter 14: I Choose You.

~~ Arora: You know that I love you, too. I always will. I'm just so confused...about all of this.

Cody

 ooooOOOOoooo

When I woke up the next day, I felt so... numb. I stayed in bed all day. Max texted me constintly, asking me if we were still on for our piano date. I just kinda ignored him untill I couldn't anymore. I just told him that I wasn't feeling well and then we would have to do it some other time. I felt bad for lying to him like that, but I just needed some time to think. And that's what I've been doing all day. Laying in my bed and thinking. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone started ringing. I thought it was just Max calling me again but when I looked at it, I seen Cody's name across the screen. I sighed and slowly answered the phone, bringing it up to my ear slowly. "Hi."

I heard him let out a shaky breath before answering. "Arora."

My heart clenched at the sound of my name coming out of his mouth again. "Cody."

He was quiet for what felt like forever. "Are we still meeting tonight?"

My eyes fluttered close and then opened a moment later. I looked over at my clock, seeing it was already 5:30. "Um, yeah. How does 7 sound?"

"Perfect. I'll see you then." He said softly and I closed my eyes again, waiting for him to hang up. But when he didn't, I sat up slowly and ran a hand through my hair in frustuation. "Well, I guess I should get going."

I slowly got out of my bed, my body aching from being in bed all day. "Yeah...I'll see you soon."

Neither one of us said anything. We just sat on the phone for another few seconds, just listining to each others breathing. It felt like forever until I finally whispered a goodbye to him and hung up.  But just as I was going to take a shower, my phone started going off again. When I looked down and seen Max's name, I sighed, knowing I would half to answer him. I sat on the bathroom counter and answered it. "Hey."

"Arora! You've been ignoring me all day." He said.

"I know and I'm sorry." I said and looked down at my hands. 

"Are you mad at me about something?" He asked and my heart broke slightly. 

"No, Max. Of course not." I answered truthfully. "I'm just trying to figure everything out right now."

Max let out a deep breath and didn't speek for a few minutes. "By that you mean, whether our not you want to be with me or Cody." 

Tears blurred my vision, knowing I was hurting him. "Yes." I said in barly a whisper. 

"Well when you've figured it out, let me know." He said and the tears slipped through my tightly closed eyelids. "I don't want to be hurt, Arora. You know how much I care about you and how much you mean to me. So if you're going to pick him, just tell me so I don't feel like I'm waisting my time." He said and then hung up. 

I groaned and set my phone down. Whipping away my tears, I stripped and then jumped into the shower. I just stood there a good part of the time. Just letting the water run down my body, cooling myself off a little. After I quickly washed my hair, I got out and wrapped a towel around myself tightly while walking out and into my closet. I dried off and slipped on a pair of grey sweatpants, a hoodie and a pair of vans. I slipped my phone into my hoddie pocket and walked out of my room, down the stairs and out the door.