Chapter 4: I Can't Stay Here, Cody.

I woke up and looked around. For a moment, I had no idea where I was. I started to panick a little while I looked around and took in my surroundings. I then remembered everything that happened last night. My dad coming into the Show. Aylissa arguing with him about me and then Cody taking me out of that place and away from him. I smiled a little at the memory of Cody staying with me last night because I was scarred to be alone. But, I knew that I would have to leave Cody and go back to my house of hell. 

     I sat up from the warm bed and looked around me for a moment and then ran a hand through my hair as I stood up. I slowly walked out of his room and down a little hallway. My bare feet padding across the cold wooden floor as I quietly made my way through his house looking for Cody. I rounded a courner and heard his familiar voice. 

"I know, Alli! But what was I supposed to do? Just leave her there?" I heard him yell quietly. Their was a short pause and then his voice filled the room again. "She's sleeping right now...Yeah I know that, Als." He said and then I heard him sigh. Wait, who's Ali? I thought as I walked more into the room. "Yeah, I know. I've got to go though. I'm going to make sure she's alright." He said and then hung up. 

     I watched as Cody walked around the room aimlessly for awhile before he stopped in front of the window and looked out of it for awhile. I then noticed that it was still raining outside and that they sky was a deep dark grey. It gave to room an erie apperence but it still somehow felt comfortable with Cody in here. 

     I started walking closer to him, not taking my eyes off the back of his head. Maybe I should have because I ran right into the corner of the couch, causing Cody to jump and me to fall all at the same time. Cody ran over to me and out of instincs, I moved back quickly. He gave me a sad a slightly hurt look but I looked down and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Hey," I heard him say in barley a whisper, causing me to look up at him. I watched as Cody slowly came closer to me and I felt his hand on my leg. "It's just me, love. You don't have to be scared. I would never hurt you." He said a little softer. 

     Cody came and sat beside me and I aloud him to wrap his arms around me and hold me close to his chest. We stayed close together while we sat in a comfortable silence. I felt so much better and safer. I felt like I could really trust him, but I didn't really know anything about him. I sighed and brought my head up to face him.

"What's that matter?" He asked looking at me with worried eyes.

"I just feel a little weird because I don't really know you..." I said wondering off.

I heard him chuckle a little. "Well what do you want to know?" He asked, moving so tha we were both sitting crisscrosed infront of each other.

I smiled a little and looked down. "Well, for one, why were you so willing to help me last night? You don't even know me..." I said and looked up into his amazing blue eyes.

He gave me a confused look for a moment and then shook his head. "Why wouldn't I?" He asked. "You're a beautiful girl who doesn't deserve to be treated the way she has been." 

I gave him a small smile and looked down, feeling my cheeks heating up a little when he called me beautiful. "What?" I heard him ask and I looked back up at him. 

"No ones ever called me beautiful before..." I said wondering off.

"Well, I did. And now I'm going to call you beautiful every chance I get." He said and I couldn't help but giggle.

"I like spending time with you." I said and he smiled a beautiful smile at me.

"I like spending time with you, too." He said and then we both just kinda looked at each other for awhile.

"You know I'm going to have to leave..." I said breaking the silence.

His smile fell instintly at what I said. "Why? I don't want you too." He said and I smiled a little and looked down.

"Because if I don't go home, he'll just come looking for me. I don't want you anymore involved in this then you most likely already are." I said and stood up quietly.

     Cody quickly jumped up and came closer to me. I jumped a little and moved back to the corner. Cody didn't seem to think about my reaction, as he just came closer to me. "I don't want you to go back to that place. I want you to stay here with me. I want to get to know more about you. I wan't to protect you." He said quietly and looked me straight in the eyes. "Please. Don't go."

I closed my eyes and looked down. "I'm sorry." I said in barley a whisper. "I have too. The longer I stay away, the worse it'll be for me whenever he finally does find me." 

"Arora,"

"Cody please. Don't make this any harder then it already is." I said and moved away from him. 

"At least give me you're phone number so I can text you." He said in a sad voice. "Please. That will at least let me know that you're okay." 

     I sighed and turned around. I quickly gave him my number and then ran out of his house without another word or thought. I knew tha when I got home, it would be bad. I was scarred out of my mind. But as I walked outside, I was pelted by the rain. It was coming down really hard and I was kinda scarred that I didn't know where I was or where I was going. But after taking a deep breath, I looked around and finally got some kind of idea of where on earth I was. I sighed and knew that it would be another 10 minute walk. 

     After finally reaching my house. I sighed before walking inside, knowing exactly what was going to happen to me.

     I walked inside and looked around quietly. I walked into the kitchen and mom wasn't there. I walked into the living room and dad wasn't there eaither. The TV was even off. I sighed a breath of relief when I noticed that they weren't here. But, as I walked further into the house, I smelled it. The smell I've been so used to all my life. My heart started racing and I ran down the hallway and stopped infront of the bathroom door that was in the hallway. I opened the door and gasped at the sight of my mother sitting in the tub. I glanced over at the sink and seen some of the coke that was left over from her. My heart sank and my eyes started to water as I ran closer to her. In the tub, the water wasn't blue as it always was... It was as red as blood.

"No no no no no." I said and grabbed my mothers limp body. "No! Not this. Please God not her. Not my mom." I then started crying. I didn't know what to do. "Please," I said inbetween sobs. "I have no one else..."