25

School started back up Monday.

The relationship that was still not established between me and Jeremy was rocky. I felt a coldness about him and he still texted  a lot. I guess I could say something, or ask him about it, but I'd rather not risk a fight.

In our first period we didn't say a word to each other.

Ms. Robins talked with me and asked how I was doing. I told her in small detail what had happened and that I was feeling better.

She patted my shoulder and asked if I wanted a break today.

"No, it's okay. I'm fine, I just want things to go back to normal."

Jeremy made a sound under his breathe.

"I understand." she says to me then walks back to the front to start the next part of the lesson.

I don't ask Jeremy why he made that sound.

Second period came, Physical Education, and Jeremy walked ahead of me to class.

I made it there, he was dressing out already. 

I felt okay enough to dress out partly, but I put my sweats over my pants.

We all lined up and started our stretches. 

When it was time to run, I ran free. I ran to get away from it all and to escape the things that have happened. I finished my mile in good time. Jeremy finished soon after, scowling at me.

"Couldn't wait?" he told me.

"I needed to do this alone. I wanted to really run." I told him.

"Just, fuck you!" he said to me then turned and walked away.

"Are you serious Jeremy? You've been distant and cold with me lately, and I don't know why." I shouted to him as he walked away.

"Oh! You don't know why? And how dare you accuse me of what YOU do SO well." he hissed at me.

I shook my head, this is what I didn't want to happen. This hurts too close to my recent pain.

We lined up after the mile and people were whispering about us.

I didn't care, but I looked at Jeremy who was heated.

Mrs Jones told everyone to settle down. She wasn't aware of what was going on.

"Yeah, people need to shut the fuck up and mind their own business." Jeremy announced.

Gasps from the class and looks from all those who heard were aimed at him.

"Do not use that language! It is not permitted!" Mrs. Jones snapped at him.

She's a nice old lady, but I wouldn't want to get on her bad side.

"I give give no fucks today M'am!" he said back.

"Go to the locker rooms right now and dress back then I want you right back here!" she told him.

He walked straight for it and bumped my shoulder on the way.

Why is he being so cruel to me right now? I'm trying to keep it together and this is not helping.

When he was coming back it was time for the rest of us to change back, so I went back in the locker room and changed quickly. I left for my next class, not looking back.