38

"Was it...all my fault?" I sobbed, hugging Wonwoo as he tried to comfort me by rubbing my back.

"No, shut up. It wasn't your fault, Soo. It wasn't. Everything's going to be okay." Wonwoo whispered.

I regretted going to Soonyoung's house. I regretted telling him the truth. I regretted everything.

Nurses and doctors went out one by one out of Soonyoung's ward, and walked away, leaving only a young doctor at the door.

Wonwoo quickly stood up, greeting the doctor.

The young doctor looked no older than Wonwoo, he pushed his thin-rimmed spectacles up the ridge of his nose with one finger and smiled reassuringly.

"I'm Doctor Park, and I've been Soonyoung's allergy doctor for quite some time. The patient barely escaped the verge of death, but his pulse rate is normal now. It's a miracle, but for now, he needs plenty of rest."

I burst into silent tears and the pressure that was once imprinted on my shoulders seemed to lift up and disappear.

"Can we...go visit him?" I asked, wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand.

Doctor Park smiled and nodded briefly before walking away.

~

I watched as Soonyoung lay motionlessly on the hospital bed yet again, this time with a life support machine.

"We don't know when he will lose consciousness and..leave, so we've installed a life support for him."

Jisoo sat on a small couch beside the bed and stared at a sleeping Soonyoung worriedly.

She's changed a lot. She used to be so active, so loud, and so...Sooji. Now that she's met Hosh, she knows that Hoshi is Youngie... and things are screwed up now.

I watched as Jisoo scooted closer to Soonyoung, and slowly pick up Soonyoung's pale, lifeless hands. My eyes widened as Soonyoung's skin remained normal, no rashes, no nothing, not like his usual allergy reaction.

~