19

I woke up to the painful throb numbing my head. Glancing around me, I realized that I was in a car. Not Wonwoo's car, but a different car. I was seated at the back of the car, and I could see Wonwoo still asleep on the front seat.

Just then, it hit me.

These leather seats... They belong to Soonyoung's car. But where's Soonyoung?

My head throbbed even more as I glanced around me. Wonwoo slowly shifted in his seat and stirred awake too. Ye stifled a yawn and saw me at the back.

"Where's Soonyoung? And why da' fuck is it so stuffy in here?" Wonwoo asked, rubbing his head as he opened the door of the car.

A loud thunk could be heard as Wonwoo opened the door.

"What was that?" I asked, alarmed.

Wonwoo stared at me perplexed. "I think you should look at this..."

I got out of the car and glanced at what was in front of me. A person wearing an oh so familiar grey supreme shirt was lying on the gravel floor.

My heart skipped a beat in panic as the lifeless Soonyoung's face was extremely pale and his arms were blotchy with red patches.

"Soonyoung, wake up!" I sprawled onto the floor and shook Soonyoung hard.

"Jisoo, you probably shouldn't-"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST STANDING THERE YOU BLOCKHEAD? CALL THE AMBULANCE!" I screamed, lifting up Soonyoung's head and resting it on my lap.

Wonwoo quickly fished out his phone.

~

The city hospital was busy, as usual. I couldn't help but shift uncomfortably in the waiting area. Just then, Wonwoo sprinted towards me from the health centre.

Wonwoo panted as he approaches me. "The doctor says that Hosh is fine. He's just resting in the ward now. I'll go to his place to get him some fresh clothes. You know which ward he's in, right?"

I nodded.

I walked into ward 1506, which was right beside the medical reception, and I peeked through the small glass pane in the door. Sure enough, I could see a familiar head of hair lying on the hospital bed.

Taking in a deep breath, I slid the door open and stepped into the cold ward.

Soonyoung lay on the bed, motionless but awake.

As I gently dragged my foot across the smooth wooden floor, I stood in front of a haggard Soonyoung. His face was extremely pale but his cheeks were flushed. And that's a good thing...right?

"I-"

"Save it. I don't want to see you now, Jisoo. Go away." Soonyoung snapped weakly.

I swallowed my tears back and nodded. It stung. My eyes stung so much. Its like tiny spades of tears were digging into the back of my eye.

~