18

"What do you mean he still needs time to think?" I fumed. "I gave him so much time already!"

Mother sighed as she sat down on my bed. "Seolhyun, I'm so sorry, but CEO Kwon told us that Soonyoung hasn't made up his mind yet..."

"I gave him almost half a year to consider so why does he still need to think? What has he even been doing everyday?" I demanded angrily.

Just then, I fumbled for my phone and dialed Soonyoung's number.

My blood boiled even more when a gentle hum could be heard. He isn't picking up.

~

"What am I supposed to do with the two of you?" I sighed while switching glances at Wonwoo and Jisoo.

Both of them were sprawled over the table, one hugging an empty soju bottle, the other mumbling some inaudible words.

"More..." Jisoo groaned, hugging the empty soju bottle some more. I shifted away from her as her hand suddenly shot up, almost hitting my head.

Wonwoo, on the other hand, was mumbling some inaudible shit that I didn't understand. He was drunk too.

I sighed.

I can carry Wonwoo into the car, but... I can't do the same for Jisoo...

As I let Wonwoo's arm rest on my shoulder, I trudged out of the bar, staggering. Wonwoo may be skinny, but his weight is no joke, I could feel my whole body slanting towards one side as he leans on me.

Luckily my car was parked nearby. I opened the car door and literally tossed Wonwoo into the front seat with a loud thumped and I heaved a sigh.

"You are heavy!" I retorted, pushing Wonwoo's limbs into the car completely and I shut the door.

I glanced at the other sibling still in the bar. She was still sprawled across the table, deep in sleep. Should I just leave her there? Or I could ask a staff to help me bring her into the car... But the bar is going to close soon...

"It will. You just have to try, Soonyoung."

Doctor Park's words rang in my mind again.

"Sometimes I wonder why I'm making the worst sacrifices for this idiot..." I muttered under my breath as I headed back towards the bar.

That's because you like her, you fool.

Uh, no I don't.

~

I glanced at Jisoo, and looked around the bar. It was almost empty now, there were only two customers left and the staff cleaning the tables.

And me?

Well I've been standing in front of a now snoring Jisoo for ten minutes now.

And it's close to 10pm.

"Sir, is there anything I can help you with?" A waiter approaches me, holding a cloth.

I shook my head. "No, nothing's wrong. It's fine."

The waiter nodded and headed back to his work.

"Well here goes nothing," I muttered, as I stepped towards the sleeping girl. Slipping my arm under hers, I shut my eyes tightly as I could feel an extremely strong sting shoot up my right arm. What made it worst was that I haven't even carried her yet and the itches were already coming in.

"I can do this. I can do this." I chanted under my breath as I slipped another arm under Jisoo's arm and pulled her up, causing her to lean onto me.

I groaned in pain silently as I adjusted her in my grip and struggled to fight back the pain as I slowly dragged the both of us out the door.

"You can do it if you try."

I dug out my packet of pills from my pocket and shoved five pills into my mouth, gulping them whole. The effect of the pills won't be that effective when I'm touching a girl, but I've got to try.

I staggered towards the glass door of the bar and pushed it open. Then, I shuffled down the stone stairs to the main road, and I tried my best to dash across the road without getting hit by a car or something.

By the time I had arrived at the car, I could feel sweat clamping against my shirt and my back and fresh beads of perspiration slide down my head.

Glancing down at my arms, I groaned a little as I saw the same streaks of red snake up my arm once again. The pill was losing its effect fast.

"Soonyoung, you can do this. You're naega hosh." I muttered to myself as I opened the door of the backseat and slowly placed Jisoo into the backseat, then I slammed the door shut as I struggled to open the driver's seat for myself.

But before I could even lay my hand on the knob of the door, darkness engulfed me.

~